Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Any way to configure with pcs on separate networks?

Was hoping to try and use this at work on my two pc's one and wifi and one connected via Ethernet but they are on completely separate networks (for various work related reasons). Is there anything that can be done to get synergy to work when the pc's are on seperate networks? Either through network configuration or even say a USB or BT connection?

Paul Suarez

There's a lot of option to choose from @ngarcia. Let me ask you somethings first. Are those desktops? Do you use VPN software or hardware to connect to your work network? Do you have the capability of connecting to wired and wireless networks for both machines?

Both Win 10 64bit desktops and I do not use a VPN. One is connected with the on board Ethernet and the other uses a PCI WiFi card to connect to the WiFi network. It's a long story but they are on the separate networks because they handle separate jobs so I would like to see if there's anyway to get it working with both on separate networks. 

Edited by ngarcia
Paul Suarez
5 hours ago, Paul Suarez said:

Do you have the capability of connecting to wired and wireless networks for both machines?