Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Auto config, nor manual config will connect.

guitarcarrot

Hi,

I am having trouble connecting my PC's together, both PC's running windows 10, same build, running V1.9, one on WiFi one on Ethernet.

If  you require extra files please let me know.

Thanks,

Anthony

Paul Suarez

Hi @guitarcarrot. Please provide more details about your machines (OS, 32/64 bit, Synergy version installed, connected to the network via Ethernet or Wi-Fi, specify which one is the server). Also, post a screenshot of both machine's Synergy interface and the Server Configuration interface on your server machine.

• Like 1
guitarcarrot
2 minutes ago, Paul Suarez said:

Hi @guitarcarrot. Please provide more details about your machines (OS, 32/64 bit, Synergy version installed, connected to the network via Ethernet or Wi-Fi, specify which one is the server). Also, post a screenshot of both machine's Synergy interface and the Server Configuration interface on your server machine.

Both 64-bit

Both V1.9

Server: Ethernet, Client: Wi-Fi

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Paul Suarez
3 hours ago, Paul Suarez said:

Server Configuration interface on your server machine.

Still waiting for the screenshot of that @guitarcarrot. You just need to click the button named Configure Server.

guitarcarrot
46 minutes ago, Paul Suarez said:

Still waiting for the screenshot of that @guitarcarrot. You just need to click the button named Configure Server.

5AP = Server

BDC = Client (I entered this manually)

Capture.PNG

Edited by guitarcarrot
Additional Info
Paul Suarez

Hey @guitarcarrot. Sorry for the late reply on this. Based on the screenshots it seems that you have set both machines to use SSL, but they are not getting any SSL key. I just want to know if you own the machines personally, or is it a work machine(company owned and maintained)?

Also, I'm seeing that the IP address on your machines might be a little tricky. They can be on the same network, but it could be that each of them belongs to a different subnet of the network. Most of this network setup has restrictions with network communication. We can try to check if they can see each other in the network by pinging the other machine from the other one using command prompt. Though we still can't guarantee that they would be able to communicate if they can ping each other since ICMP packets(used by ping) does not use the same port.

Just an FYI too, IP addresses that has a format of 169.254.x.x are invalid IP addresses. It is provided mostly by your machine's NIC when it is having an error to get a valid IP address internally or if it is unable to get a valid IP address from the DHCP server of the network you are connecting to.

You can also try to set a primary network interface on both machines to make sure that Synergy is trying to look for the other machine on the correct network you want them to have a connection and not through those invalid IP addresses. Follow the steps below to set primary network interface.

1. On Synergy's user interface, click Edit 
  2. Click Settings 
  3. Use the IP address of that machine where you want it to listen or look for the other machine, type it in the box next to Interface (basing it on your screenshots and if the IP address didn't change, use 10.151.130.177 on the client and 10.151.140.63 on the server)
  4. Click OK 
  5. Click Apply or Start