Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Connection issues

[deleted]

Firstly: 

The instructions here don't work on OSX: when I press "copy" in the log UI, it selects ALL of the text and then copies it. I was able to paste it elsewhere and grab the link.

Secondly: My vote is for a osx native UI! I'm not sure what libraries you guys are using, but these non-standard scrollbars are also problematic, I actually can't scroll around in the log at all.

Thirdly, I'm having connectivity issues, even after restarting both client/server. Here is the client log. Please note, it refers to my server as a "client". https://synergy-logs.symless.com/2017-07-19/461-2017-07-19T18-33-30.log

[deleted]

https://synergy-logs.symless.com/2017-07-19/461-2017-07-19T19-20-00.log

This is the same machine (client). Seeing timeouts trying to connect to the server. Server is saying ERROR: Reply status code 0

At this point, I'm not staying connected for more than 5-10 minutes at a time, even if I reboot my machines or restart synergy on both machines. Sometimes (this seems new in 2.0) the mouse cursor is lost completely and not present on either machine. I have to kinda wave things around a bunch and eventually I get a cursor back...

Paul Suarez

Have you tried pressing F12 on your server machine when this happens @Sudara? Also, please be aware that when you press any keys or buttons on either track pad or mouse on the client machine triggers it to grab the server seat and makes it the server.

[deleted]

I'm not sure what F12 does but I can try it!

Is there a way to disable the client from ever becoming the server? I definitely don't want that to ever happen, especially if it's confusing synergy. It doesn't make sense to have to avoid the client trackpad especially when it's sometimes the only way to get a mouse cursor on the client!

• Like 1
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

We probably won't be adding an option to turn auto-switching off. When we finish this feature and make it stable, you won't even notice that it's auto-switching. The only reason you're seeing a lag/instability is that it's a highly experimental first iteration of the feature. We're also implementing a new network layer so that switching won't cause a network reconnect.

[deleted]

Sounds good Nick!

Pressing F12 keeps things working for now — I get strange disappearances or problems crossing the boundry maybe a couple times an hour, but this is temporarily sustainable.

Outside of that, things are looking decent. There's still some mouse lag/choppiness — kind of like the refresh rate is low. I can verify it's not just the client by immediately reaching to the trackpad and seeing it be smooth there.

[deleted]

After more days of usage it looks like using my client trackpad reproducibly breaks synergy (osx), and fairly quickly each time (matter of seconds).

The error on the osx server is "can not find any successful connectivity result for the server screen: 968"

So, the hack is to hit F12 on the server after each trackpad use — looking forward to beta 3 so I don't have to do this anymore :)

Edited by Sudara