Bobbiej124

Key board not connecting to client Mac as server

3 posts in this topic

Server: MacOS Sierra Laptop; Client: Windows7 64bit desktop... I have tried disabling SSL on both enabling SSL on both. I have tried multiple keyboards. I've tried wireless and LAN ethernet. The Windows key DOES work on either machine but when I go to type it only uses the other keys on the server only. ie: if I am on the W7 pc and click the windows button the start button will open, then if I begin to type it will type on the Mac in which ever app I have open there, for instance stickies. 

However I was able to get the keyboard to work making my W7 machine the server and the Mac the client. But because the mac is my laptop and I have a magic mouse I would prefer the mac to be my server. Any thoughts or ideas? I've seen a similar post but his resolved its self. I'm not having the same luck.

I am having this exact issue using a MacOS 10.12.5 Sierra laptop as a server and connecting from a Windows 7 64-bit client.  Both devices are using the most recent Synergy build (1.8.8-stable-25a8cb2)

The mouse and clipboard work fine.  If I press fn+command on the Mac then the Windows machine acts like I pressed the Windows key, but otherwise the keyboard does nothing.

Hi @Bobbiej124 and @adversive! Sorry for the late reply on this thread. Have you guys tried v1.9.0rc3? You can get it from the tagged forums thread below.