Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Login Screens

Michael Souders

either this is slated in a future update or not but for my setup its 2 Windows 10 machines and I would love for the ability to have synergy startup as a service and then be able to Log into the Server machine and have the Client log in as well. (Example: these are domain joined machines with the same username and password.)

But currently in Beta 2 If my Client machine is locked I cannot move the mouse over to unlock it with the server mouse and keyboard. That not working is really hard to deal with.

Paul Suarez
On 7/11/2017 at 4:39 PM, Nick Bolton said:

We are handling UAC and elevation in beta3 (coming in around 2-3 weeks), please wait until then.

On 7/12/2017 at 3:33 PM, Nick Bolton said:

Yeah, as the UAC fix is to run as a service, this will also start Synergy at boot automatically. Actually, it'll run as a service on all operating systems too, not only on Windows.

I hope these answers your question @Michael Souders. :)

Michael Souders

Yeah, Can't wait for that update.

I do have one more question @Paul Suarez

Since you are headed to the first login and authentication method is this going to be a problem where here at work there are many times I am in an area where we only have LAN connectivity. But since Synergy 1 would just connect to IP there was no issues for it working. Now I haven't tested this yet in our environment but if so would an "offline" mode be made available?

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

We haven't yet made plans for an offline mode, but this will definitely be something we'll consider.

Michael Souders
3 hours ago, Nick Bolton said:

We haven't yet made plans for an offline mode, but this will definitely be something we'll consider.

Please Do!