Stephanie Cook

Client hung on starting

10 posts in this topic

My client machine seems to be hung. It is stuck at "Synergy is starting". Previously, for a day or two it was not recognizing the server computer, or the server computer was not recognizing it. I recently restarted both machines, I think. Could that have messed up some of the communication?

This problem has returned. Synergy says "Synergy is starting", and doesn't get beyond that. Here is the status log: NOTE: starting server NOTE: config file: C:/Users/SCOOK~1.THE/AppData/Local/Temp/qt_temp.g17068 NOTE: log level: INFO INFO: service command updated NOTE: starting server NOTE: config file: C:/Users/SCOOK~1.THE/AppData/Local/Temp/qt_temp.U17068 NOTE: log level: INFO INFO: service command updated

I'm having the same problem :x :x :x did you ever figure out how to fix it?!?!? HELP!

Same thing here, windows 10 client v1.7.4 and linux server 1.7.4. I tried running synergy as an administrator without success.

And I just managed to get it to work: I restarted the windows service. I’ll do some tests, and if the problem is not solved I guess I’ll have to set it up in manual mode.

+1 for finding the Synergy windows service and restarting it manually. That did the trick. Sorry for reviving an old thread, but this is the first result in google.