Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Multi-monitor setup

I finished setting up a new workstation composing of 2 windows10 computers spreading across 10 different monitors (I inherited this setup).  I'm having a problem getting the configuration to move between the computers correctly.  I was looking through another thread that seemed to have a similar problem, but nothing I was trying was working.  All monitors are the same size at 1920x1080.  The issue I am having is that I can only go to the client computer from the lower right hand server monitor.  Here is the setup, please bear with my horrible MSPaint skills.  I can switch the client and server if it will help, but I would really appreciate any help I can get on this one, even if the setup isnt perfect.

setupdrawing.jpg

• Like 1

section: screens
    Com1:
        halfDuplexCapsLock = false
        halfDuplexNumLock = false
        halfDuplexScrollLock = false
        xtestIsXineramaUnaware = false
        switchCorners = none
        switchCornerSize = 20
    Com2:
        halfDuplexCapsLock = false
        halfDuplexNumLock = false
        halfDuplexScrollLock = false
        xtestIsXineramaUnaware = false
        switchCorners = none
        switchCornerSize = 0
end

section: aliases
end

section: links
    Com1:
        down = Com2
    Com2:
        up = Com1
end

section: options
    relativeMouseMoves = false
    screenSaverSync = true
    win32KeepForeground = false
    clipboardSharing = true
    switchCorners = none
    switchCornerSize = 0
end

It's the default, I tried other things, but none of them worked.  Com1 is the server, Com2 is the client.

Paul Suarez

Upon further checking, this might not be supported currently. Although we have a lot of features in line for Synergy v2 and this might be one of it.

I got it working good enough.  I swapped the server and the client so that the bottom 3 in the middle were the server and the top and outer 2 on the bottom were the client.  Then I changed the config so that the corner size on Com1 was 1920 on bottom right and bottom left.  I also edited the links to say the following:

section: links
    Com1:
        down(20,80) = Com2(0,100)
    Com2:
        up(0,100) = Com1(20,80)
end

Its still a little wonky, I cant go sideways on the bottom row, and theres an invisible row of monitors I have to go through to get between them, but its much better than it was before.