Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Setup based on monitors, not on "entities" ?

ChunkLady

I have a minor problem; i have a monitor on the left side, and on the right side i have a rack with 4 monitors in a 2x2 configuration. The bottom two belongs to the monitor on the left and is part of the same system, system A. The two monitors on the bottom, belongs to another system, system B.

The picture of the left + 2 top monitors is here (iMac). The bottom two are windows (not shown). Watch it at Imgur: https://imgur.com/a/PXCGZ

Now, the problem is, that Synergy is based on "entities" instead of actual monitors. So my ideal situation would be, that i could just move the mouse down from one of the top rack monitors, to windows. However that setup would also mean, that if i move my mouse down, on my LEFT monitor, i "end up" at windows. That would just be a cause of annoyance.

Is there any way to set it up based on monitors?

ChunkLady

Blue is mac, red is windows.

ReL0Rkb.png.4ec106d174a8a16e1fdd5c82ec5be916.png

The problem is, if i set windows to be "BELOW" mac, only the monitor on the left can actually switch to windows and only after i move the OSX Dock to one of the other screens. if I move the mouse "UP" from windows, the cursor gets transported to the left blue screen.

I have tried setting

down(33,100): windows(0,100)
up(0,100): mac (33,100)

But it doesn't help anything. I also tried several other configurations. Right now the only thing that will actually work right now, is simply having a left/righ boundary. But strangely enough, if I do this:

right:windows
left:mac

then I have to move to the right side of mac to get to left side of windows (expected) but also when i move to the left side of windows, i get to the LEFT mac screen. That is not expected. There seems to be no way to go from left mac screen directly to windows.

But my goal is up/down movement.. which doesn't seem to work at the moment.

Edited by ChunkLady
ChunkLady

@Paul Suarez cool :) 

I just tested it the other way around, where windows is on top and mac on the bottom. The problem pretty much remains the same; Synergy can only hand off the mouse when on the -main- space (left monitor). It does not change to windows on the other screens.

• 2 weeks later...