Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Fedora 24 Failure

BBSchreiber

I installed 64 bit Synergy 2.0 on a windows 10 laptop and on a Fedora 24 (KDE Desktop).  On the Laptop, Synergy started up, signed onto my online account got what it needed and is active and running.  On the Linux box, it started, signed onto my online account and then stalled.  There seems to be nothing I can do to kick it forward.  If you are looking to grab my key, how about allowing me to cut and paste it into the application?

Bruce

BBSchreiber

There is no link for logs on the screen.  The only buttone is the Sign in with Symless button.  That opens the signon page and takes me to the my account page where nothing happens.

log

synergy.png

BBSchreiber

There is no link for logs on the screen.  The only button is the Sign in with Symless button.  That opens the signon page and takes me to the my account page where nothing happens.

I found logs in ~/.config/symless/Synergy/synergy.log  and it contains:

[ UI ] [2017-07-07T18:33:41] INFO: log filename: /home/bschreiber/.config/Symless/Synergy/synergy.log
[ UI ] [2017-07-07T18:44:56] INFO: log filename: /home/bschreiber/.config/Symless/Synergy/synergy.log
[ UI ] [2017-07-07T18:48:25] INFO: log filename: /home/bschreiber/.config/Symless/Synergy/synergy.log
[ UI ] [2017-07-07T19:00:05] INFO: log filename: /home/bschreiber/.config/Symless/Synergy/synergy.log
[ UI ] [2017-07-07T19:15:30] INFO: log filename: /home/bschreiber/.config/Symless/Synergy/synergy.log
[ UI ] [2017-07-07T19:20:02] INFO: log filename: /home/bschreiber/.config/Symless/Synergy/synergy.log
[ UI ] [2017-07-10T10:53:33] INFO: log filename: /home/bschreiber/.config/Symless/Synergy/synergy.log
~

Synergy.conf contains:

[General]
profileId=-1
screenId=-1
userId=-1
userToken=NFSsoAUds-vmysnTJubFu1S8

Thank you for your help,

Bruce

BBSchreiber

I opened a console and browsed the log file.  That was the entire file at ~/.config/symless/Synergy/synergy.log  

Bruce

BBSchreiber

I deleted Synergy.com and restarted with the same result.  I no longer have a Synergy.conf file 

Bruce

Guest Andrew Nelless

@BBSchreibercan you describe what happens in your web browser when you click 'login with Symless'? Do you end up on a page that with the Synergy logo centred on the page?

As far as I can tell from our end, your browser is not completing the login cycle.

BBSchreiber

Sure,

it takes me to https://symless.com/account and stops cold there.  That page has my personal information so I hesitate to post the contents here.  On the Windows 10 box it the gui seemed to collect data from the page and autoconfigured.  That is not happing on the Fedora/KDE desktop.

BBSchreiber

It takes me to the sign on page.  I enter my credentials hit the login  button and it takes me to the account page.

Bruce 

Guest Andrew Nelless

@BBSchreiberI'm afraid not, configuration takes place through our cloud service, which requires authentication. As far as I can tell, your login session is not being activated because your browser is not redirecting you to our API endpoint. ( v1.api.cloud.symless.com )

BBSchreiber

Ok, I have logged out and then deleted Synergy.conf from ~/.config/Symless

Now starting Synergy 2.0

Clicking the Sign in Button

Logging in

Same result new Synergy.conf file wilth the following contents:

.[General]
profileId=-1
screenId=-1
userId=-1
userToken=vbEOhHRP_xitpoNvd1pnGGKg

Bruce

BBSchreiber

Well I do not think they are unusual, but I do have the following:

Lastpass

Cisco Webex Extension

PDF/PowerPoint Viewer

GoToMeeting Pro screensharing

JSON Editor

Mute Tab Shortcuts

MuteTab

Postman

VLC Capture

Vysor

If you believe that any of these are problematic I can disable them and retry.

Bruce