Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Chromebook version

Travis Epperson
Would be great to see Synergy become a Chrome app so that we could use our Chromebook/Chromebox systems with Synergy. I think that they are the wave of the future!
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Chris Hagen
Where Android has a mouse interface that can be connected to with a Bluetooth mouse or trackpad the IOS systems do not (As I have found yet at least). I definitely see a use for an android version but I don't think IOS would be a trivial thing to get right. If anyone else knows how to connect a bluetooth mouse to an IOS device that I simply don't know about I would love to know the trick :).
Joshua Parnell
[quote="Crazymick"]+1 and an app for my android tablet as well if I am wishing![/quote] [quote="Francois Hurstel"]+1000 that would be awesome associated with IOS and android please :)[/quote] You're in for a treat: http://sourceforge.net/projects/synergyandroid/ I haven't used it since 2013 or so, but I know for a fact it DID work with Synergy 1.4.6. I used to use my Android tablet to VNC into our call tracking server at work so I could monitor call stats. However, I doubt there will ever be an iOS app; iOS doesn't support HID (Human Interface Device) profiles, namely, a mouse. Android didn't until Honeycomb (3.2.2, if I remember correctly). But who knows, the only new features Apple can think of these days are features that Android has had for years, so mouse integration may be up for grabs by iOS 10. [quote="ZandarKoad"]+1 I would have bought Synergy Pro today if it had ChromeOS integration. But I'll wait now until it does.[/quote] Keep in mind that ChromeOS is a very light-weight operating system. It may not have the API levels and OS hooks that Synergy needs to be implemented. This may not be a fault of Synergy, it may be a lacking of ChromeOS, much like how 3rd party keyboards were unavailable in iOS until recently.
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...