Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Glitchy / Laggy Cursor on Client Screens

So this issue has been going on for about 2 months, possibly longer. I use my Toshiba laptop as my client, and my Dell PC as the host computer at home. Sometimes I bring the laptop with me to my office and adjust the IP to connect to my iMac computer there.  This process and configuration has worked well for about 7 months now.

The last 2 months, when the cursor is on my client laptop screen, it's super laggy, like stop and go. I'll move the mose around and lose it constantly as I'm clicking through documents or websites. It even seems laggy while typing on the client laptop. To clarify, the cursor and keyboard are NOT laggy at all on the host/server computers.

Yesterday was the first day since this laggy mouse started that I brought my laptop to the office to see if it still had the same issue with the Mac desktop. Completely different computer, different OS, different configuration, different network. It still has the glitchy/laggyness... Possibly worse.

Home Server Setup:
2010? Dell Optiplex
2016 Windows 10
64 bit
Synergy Basic
Ethernet connection via comcast (averages 85Mbps download, 15Mbps upload)
This machine is pretty old, newly reset, only 4gigs of Ram, but I monitor the processes to keep background activity low. Stand-alone tower, two external monitors (HDMI & VGA).

Office Server Setup:
Late 2015 iMac
macOS Sierra, version 10.12.5
Synergy Basic
Wi-Fi connection via comcast (averages 80Mbps download, 18Mbps upload)
Bought this machine in February brand new, it is used Maybe once a week. It is an "all-in-one" machine in the monitor, one HDMI connected secondary monitor.

Client Setup:
2015 Toshiba Satellite P55W-C (touchscreen)
64-bit OS, x64-based processor
2016 Windows 10
Synergy Basic
Only connected via Wi-Fi at both locations.
At home with the Dell PC, I connect one HDMI to the laptop.

Someone please help or advise! This is driving me nuts and affecting my user performance.

Edited by Karen
Paul Suarez

Can you verify what Synergy versions you have on all of your machines @Karen? For additional reference, do you have the capability to connect an Ethernet cable on all of your machines?