Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

IP address missing

Little-Monster

The bold IP address which is required to connect the clients to the server is missing.  As a result I'm not able to connect the systems. Please help. 

error.png

Paul Suarez

Please provide more details about your machines (OS, 32/64 bit, Synergy version installed, connected to the network via Ethernet or Wi-Fi, specify which one is the server). Also, post a screenshot of both machine's Synergy interface and the Server Configuration interface on your server machine.

Little-Monster

The server runs on Windows 10 and the client on Windows 7. Both 64 bit. Synergy version 1.8.8. The server (laptop) connected through Wi-Fi and the client (one of my desktop) connected via Ethernet.  The server config and client interface are attached below. There is no IP address in the client interface (in the present status) but I tried the ones that are in the server interface (though none of them are bold). 

server_config.PNG

client_config.PNG

Paul Suarez

It seems that you haven't set any means of how the client would connect to your server machine @Little-Monster. Would  you want to manually set the IP address or do an Auto-config? Also, try pinging the other machine from the other one then do it the other way around.

Little-Monster

Can you instruct me on how I can manually set the IP? Auto config doesnt seem to work and I dont know why.