Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

added new server and everything is messed up now

Patricia Bracken

I got a new PC (Windows 10).  I have been using Synergy between my old PC and my laptop with no issues.  I tried to add my new PC into the configuration using it as the Server with my old PC as a client and my laptop as a client.  I can't get it to work.  Attached are screenshots from each device.  Screenshot 1 is my old PC (formerly the server).  Screenshot 2 is my new PC (now the new server).  Screenshot 3 is my laptop (client).  How can I get these to work?

Synergyscreenshot1.jpg

Synergyscreenshot2.jpg

Synergyscreenshot3.jpg

Paul Suarez

I'm seeing multiple probable reasons as to why they can't connect. First, machine on third screenshot only has one IP address compared to the other machines. Second, machine on the second screenshot shows SSL fingerprint but others doesn't have it. Third basing it on the screenshot, it could be that some of your machines are using an older version of Synergy.

Let's start with making sure if you wanted to connect your machines with SSL encryption. Then, please provide more details about your machines (OS, 32/64 bit, Synergy version installed, connected to the network via Ethernet or Wi-Fi, specify which one is the server). Also, post a screenshot of both machine's Synergy interface and the Server Configuration interface on your server machine.

Patricia Bracken

I just updated Synergy on Computer 1 and Computer 3.  Computer 2 is updated because it's a new computer, and I just installed it.  

Computer 1 is Windows XP PC and has Version 1.8.8-stable-25a8cb2 (CLIENT - formerly SERVER)

Computer 2 is Windows 10 PC has Version 1.8.8-stable-25a8cb2 (SERVER - new)

Computer 3 is a Windows 10 Toshiba laptop with Version 1.8.8-stable-25a8ch2 (CLIENT - always was CLIENT)

I am using Comcast cable WiFi 5G

I have attached the following screenshots:

Screenshot 1 - Windows XP PC (CLIENT - formerly SERVER)

Screenshot 2 - Windows 10 PC (SERVER - new)

Screenshot 3 - Windows 10 Toshiba Laptop (CLIENT)

I'm not sure what SSL encryption is or what the implications are if I don't have it.  I just want this to work whatever way it needs to be tweaked. I'm not sure why there appears to be inconsistent IP addresses.  I did not manually put them in.  I clicked on "Auto config."

Synergyscreenshot1 Desktop Client.jpg

Synergyscreenshot2 New PC Server.jpg

Synergyscreenshot3 Laptop Client.jpg

Paul Suarez

Client DESKTOP is typed in as Desktop on your server configuration. Some machines might have their SSL switched on. Check Edit> Settings, see if box for SSL is checked.

Patricia Bracken

Paul,

I unchecked "SSL" on server, and that did it.  Many thanks for your assistance.

Although, one note ...  I do wish you provided some telephone support.  This simple solution could have been resolved in a 5 minute phone call.  However, using the forum, it was a 2-day effort.  Please consider some type of phone support for your users.