Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

User Account Control

When the User Account Control but comes up on the remote computer the controlling computer can't move the mouse or use keyboard

There is no drag and drop support (might not me added yet),

There is no Copy/Paste support (might not me added yet),

1 hour ago, JAB_98 said:

When the User Account Control but comes up on the remote computer the controlling computer can't move the mouse or use keyboard

I second this

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

Don't worry, UAC control and drag and drop is on the roadmap :)

• Like 1

I second Jab_98's issue, tried it with msconfig, but related. 

I also have an issue where the controls on my Windows 7 Pro machine work on the Windows 10 Enterprise machine, but it doesn't currently work in reverse for me. I do not know why. I haven't played with all of my settings yet to see if one of them may be the issue. Any case, I'll be posting more often as time goes on as I'm setting up a new home server at the same time (coming month-ThreadRipper build), so should be fun!

Edited by ajc9988
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

Hmm, I'm pretty sure drag and drop isn't enabled yet (right @Jerry Hou?) but I know for a fact that copy/paste is working. Is it broken for you?

11 minutes ago, Nick Bolton said:

Hmm, I'm pretty sure drag and drop isn't enabled yet (right @Jerry Hou?) but I know for a fact that copy/paste is working. Is it broken for you?

I'm not referring to drag and drop. I meant that when I used the mouse and keyboard on the Win 10 enterprise system, it would not move to control the mouse or let me control the Win 7 Pro system, but the reverse worked. Now, I have a custom build on the Win 7 Pro with a lot of things, like remote desktop, removed from the build, which may be the cause of the issue, whereas I am using a fairly unmodified version of Win 10 Ent. currently, with only things like server self-healing and asimov telemetry removed. So, I'll need to dig a bit more as it may just be the modifications I made to windows that are the issue, not the software on your end.

Edit: just saw your response was to another post. *facepalm because of self*

Edited by ajc9988
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

Awesome, thanks for letting me know. This is caused by the bi-directional control feature being a little temperamental, which @Jerry Hou and @Andrew Nelless are fixing in beta4 (due in about 7 weeks).