Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Initial install and usage

Installed the beta on my Windows Desktop and my MacBook Pro.

Setup went without a hitch.

So far things are working fine.

Thank you.

I have come across a possible bug.

When both my computers, as stated above, goes to lock screen, connection is broken and I have to restart the app on both machines to re-establish comms after unlocking both screens with their respective keyboards.

Mac OS Sierra 10.12.5

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit latest

OK - one more test result - it seems that this is only a problem when I lock the MacBook manually with ctrl shift eject.

When the machines lock automatically it seems to work fine.

for me, when 2 windows computers are connected to each other, I can lock both computers with win-L and everything works fine even after it is locked.  That is until I try to log in on the remote computer (the one without the keyboard and mouse).  Then the connection freezes and the remote computer's mouse/keyboard do not work while on the login/password screen.

I have to physically plug in a keyboard on the remote computer to make it work long enough to log in.  Then the connection picks up again and works.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

@bl8rnr @TheNut Hey, right now Synergy 2 beta2 doesn't work with the UAC window or at the lock screen. We're currently working on this and will be adding support for it in beta3. Stay tuned!