Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

How to have sign in option button show up when re-install

I installed v2.0 on my iMac for the first time, there was sign-in option button. This iMac has never installed Synergy before.

Now I want to re-install v2.0, however the sign-in option button does not show up. Please tell me how to get the sign-in option show up on re-install.

Thanks.

Paul Suarez

@ivan why would you need another sign-in option? Do you have another account which is different from what you have signed in before that you want to sign in now?

I see no place to change settings to allow for a reset of login credentials, computer layout, etc.

• Related to this is being able to see which account I am logged into.   I can see this being necessary if I log in with my own account at home and a work account at work.
  • Or even better would be to allow for the registering of two accounts or profiles to indicate which computers I want to link to at a given time.
  • Like 1

Yes, that is a big headache. Once there is something wrong, there is no way to fix. If so probably wait until official release.

Cool. Finally have some one on the same page. The support guy really wasted me a lot of time.

Thanks buddy.

8 hours ago, TheNut said:

I see no place to change settings to allow for a reset of login credentials, computer layout, etc.

• Related to this is being able to see which account I am logged into.   I can see this being necessary if I log in with my own account at home and a work account at work.
  • Or even better would be to allow for the registering of two accounts or profiles to indicate which computers I want to link to at a given time.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

How come you guys need to sign in with a different account?

Because the cloud seems to keep old computer information and cannot connect each other. I assume that is the solution to fix it. Either I can wipe out the old information or I use new account with new license to connect my computers.

I would like a "Profile" so I can indicate that ......   These 3 computers at work can talk to each other.    When I get my computer home, I want to have other computers to be able to see each other.   Not necessarily a different login, but different profiles or preferences that define different groups of computers to link.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

@TheNut Good news! We'll be introducing this feature soon! Probably in Synergy 2.1.

@ivan Would having a profiles feature also solve your issue?

• Like 1

Thank you very much. That sounds super awesome. I expect the feature of what TheNut wants as well.

Looking forward for new version. Thank you very much.

6 hours ago, Nick Bolton said:

@TheNut Good news! We'll be introducing this feature soon! Probably in Synergy 2.1.

@ivan Would having a profiles feature also solve your issue?