Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

How to clear setting of client and server in cloud?

It is my first installation, I think something is messed up. I like to clear the setting on cloud of client and server informaiton, so that I can re-install. Is there anyway to do so?

Thank you.

Paul Suarez
1 hour ago, ivan said:

I like to clear the setting on cloud of client and server informaiton, so that I can re-install. Is there anyway to do so?

What do you mean by this @ivan?

I installed on two iMacs today. They are in different subnetwork. So it seems cannot connect each other. Now they are in the same network, ping works fine. However they cannot connect each other as well since it seems the information all registered in the cloud. I like to start from  scratch. Clean up all registered information in the cloud, re-install the software on my two iMac again.

Thanks

Or does the client, server information in the local? I have iMac, how to find them? I deleted app and re-install again, and found there are still old computer names shown up. So I believe old information was kept somewhere.

Or is there any way I can manual add server/client IP address like V1.0? The app seems only pick up old information and connect.

Sorry, I do not know how your app works. I bought the license today, and installed on two iMac. Then I found they are in different network, so that connect was not successful. Then I changed IP on one iMac to the same network. However I found they still cannot connect each other, it looks the app still use old IP/computer information to connect. I want to clear these old information. I do not mind to start re-install from scratch.

The app wasted me three hours. Super headache.

Paul Suarez
31 minutes ago, ivan said:

Or is there any way I can manual add server/client IP address like V1.0? The app seems only pick up old information and connect.

Hi @ivan. v2 is using auto-detection and does not have the ability to set the IP addresses manually yet. I should say "yet" as it might be added in the future. But that would depend on a lot of things.

I have experienced that same thing when I first used v2. I installed v2 after making sure that I have uninstalled v1.9.0rc3 and have rebooted my machine. That being said, can you confirm if you have installed v2 on top of an existing Synergy version prior to that?

Hi, I found once app starts, it always re-write the old computer name to my local config file. /Users/wyang/Library/Preferences/Symless/Synergy/synergy.conf 

Even I updated the synergy.conf with new computer name. Is old computer information saved somewhere in the cloud of Symless? How I can update my new computer name there?

Thanks.

This is my first time to use your app. I never use V1.0 before. And I restarted my computer for many times.

Edited by ivan

I never use V1.0 before, and today is my first day to use your app.

I found when I installed the app, I was required to sign on to cloud. And once the app starts, the config file /Users/wyang/Library/Preferences/Symless/Synergy/synergy.conf was overwritten. So I believe my old computer name was kept in the cloud on your sever. I like to wipe it or update old computer information, because one of my computer name has been changed. I moved it from one sub network to the same network with second iMac.

11 minutes ago, Paul Suarez said:

Hi @ivan. v2 is using auto-detection and does not have the ability to set the IP addresses manually yet. I should say "yet" as it might be added in the future. But that would depend on a lot of things.

I have experienced that same thing when I first used v2. I installed v2 after making sure that I have uninstalled v1.9.0rc3 and have rebooted my machine. That being said, can you confirm if you have installed v2 on top of an existing Synergy version prior to that?

Paul Suarez

Hi @ivan. If you haven't used v1.0 on that machine, how can you say that /Users/wyang/Library/Preferences/Symless/Synergy/synergy.conf was overwritten? Also, please note that Mac machines tend to keep config files for apps or software that you have uninstalled. v2 could have taken the data from the machine that you have Synergy v.1.x on and used that in naming that fresh machine.

I never use V1.0. I said I installed V2.0 today with bad computer. That is why /Users/wyang/Library/Preferences/Symless/Synergy/synergy.conf  was generated. OK. Let's stop talking about V1.0

Due to my investigation, I believe my old computer name was kept on the cloud. https://v1.api.cloud.symless.com/login/with-symless . Please tell me how I can log into this cloud server to wipe my old computer name.

I have no idea of V1.0. I know V1.0 can specify the IP address manually because the help on your website says so.

Please forget the V1.0, that is NOT the problem. Please help me find the right solution.

And I deleted  /Users/wyang/Library/Preferences/Symless/ folder.

Once I restarted Synergy, I found the folder was bought back and synergy.conf was brought back as well. I wonder from where Synergy brought the conf file back? I do not want Synergy brought back the conf file with wrong computer name information. How to fix this issue?

Paul Suarez

@ivan, Synergy wouldn't work without a configuration file. Also, access to the saved logs and configurations for individual accounts haven't been rolled out yet. But is should be added in the future. You should be able to do that once we have launched that side of v2.

I re-start my question. Today is my first time to use V2.0. I installed it on both of my iMac, and found they cannot connect each other. I hope some one to help me solve the connection issue.

Thanks.

Paul Suarez

@ivan, can you post a screenshot of your iMacs IP address?

1. Click the Apple icon (upper left) on your taskbar
  2. Click System Preferences...
  3. Click Network
    You should see different network types on the left side (Wi-Fi, PPPoe, Ethernet, FireWire, Bluetooth, etc..)
  4. By default it should open on Wi-Fi (if not, then manually click on Wi-Fi, if they're connected via Ethernet cable then click Ethernet)
  5. Click Advance (lower right)
  6. Click TCP/IP tab

When I install Synergy on my iMac, there is sign in button, which brought up browser to let me sign in.

However when I delete the app and re-install it, the sign in button does not show up. Do you know how to make it show up?

Thanks.

Edited by ivan
Paul Suarez

Hi @ivan. Why would you want the sign in button to show up again? Do you have another user account that you want to log-in?

Joseph King

I have a similar question, but let me ask it a different way:

MacOS running as a server. Computer has been renamed. Server cannot connect to guests because they are looking for the old name even though the new name has been set in "server configuration".

Complete uninstall/reinstall. Server still provides error FATAL: 'unknown screen name (old computer name)'

New computer name is set in server configuration, but is ignored by the application.

Basically, how can settings be modified after the initial auto config?