Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Multi-Touch Trackpad Gestures

Connor A. Purcell

Is there any way to send multi-touch gestures from the internal trackpad of my macbook pro to my other macbook pro?

Or, is there a way to configure Synergy to allow me to use my magic trackpad 2 on multiple MacBooks?  

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 5/9/2017 at 3:03 AM, Nick Bolton said:

Hello,

Please could you email us? [email protected]

I posted something earlier about forum support...

https://symless.com/forums/topic/3756-were-improving-our-tech-support/

Thanks,
Nick

Why do we need to email everything with this, the forum is supposed to be for the help to stay open for everyone. I have this same issue, I want to use multitouch gestures in my client's macbook!!!

Connor A. Purcell
13 hours ago, karlolm said:

Why do we need to email everything with this, the forum is supposed to be for the help to stay open for everyone. I have this same issue, I want to use multitouch gestures in my client's macbook!!!

I have been waiting on this functionality to work for so long now, and every time I've contacted Symless about this they say that they "can not provide any specific time frame on when this will be resolved", and then close my support ticket as if everything has been resolved. Very disappointing.

Connor A. Purcell
16 hours ago, Nick Bolton said:

Sorry for the delay guys, and thanks for your patience. It's a high priority feature, and it's on the roadmap: https://symless.com/synergy/roadmap

"Multi-Touch gestures were introduced to the Mac in 2012. So why haven't we added support for them yet? Well, this may or may not be possible depending on whether or not Apple provides the functionality to share gestures. So far, as of 2017, none of our competitors have achieved this" - FYI, remote multi-gesture compatibility isn't unheard of and I doubt Apple is blocking its progress or implementation; for instance, some multi-touch gestures work with Apple's Remote Desktop service, and also when using Screen Sharing on OS X El Capitan. It seems odd that you say it's a "high priority feature", yet you only "plan on investigating the possibility of gestures"... are you planning on 'possibly looking into adding the functionality' or is this something that is being actively worked on???

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
18 hours ago, Connor A. Purcell said:

is this something that is being actively worked on???

We work on only 1 feature at a time because we only have a small team. Gestures are a high priority feature, but not the highest priority, so it's not currently being worked on.