Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Failed to Connect to Server

Paul Suarez

Please provide more details about your machines (OS, 32/64 bit, Synergy version installed, connected to the network via Ethernet or Wi-Fi, specify which one is the server). Also, post a screenshot of both machine's Synergy interface and the Server Configuration interface on your server machine.

Both laptops are Windows PC.  And both Server and Client is Windows 10 64-bit x64 based processor.  Both connected to the network via wi-fi. Attached .jpg shows Synergy version.

2017-06-30.png

2017-06-30 (2).png

Screenshot 2017-06-30 12.47.27.png

Paul Suarez

Your server is on 192.168.1.x network while your client is on 192.168.0.x network. That means they're on separate networks.

Paul Suarez

Stop Synergy on both machines first and close it on both as well. Disconnect and reconnect from your Wi-Fi network on both machines. After reconnecting them both (both machines should be on the same network already) launch Synergy on them. Try connecting again.

Ohhhhhh you are the BEST!!!!  Thank you.  How could you tell that I was not connected to the same network so I can look for that in the future?

Paul Suarez

If you can see a different format of IP address on your Synergy interface say you have 192.168.0.x on the other one but the other machine has 192.168.1.x. Then that means they are not on the same network. Or you can just click on the Wi-Fi icon on the lower right hand side of your computer monitor. Check if they are connected to the same Wi-Fi network name. ;)

I assume it is working now, right? :)