Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Is there a Fix for Scaling and Synergy

Setup: PC (server) + laptop (client)

It took me a while to figure out why my cursor would stick to my client's bottom-right corner.  I tried many of the suggestions, but the only one that worked was setting my scaling to 100%.  I tend to sit far away from my monitors and don't want to strain my eyes just so I can use Synergy.  I know this is a pretty common issue.

Is there an older version that doesn't have this issue? or perhaps another work around?

Paul Suarez

We would like to know more on this issue @Nitsude. Please provide more details about your machines (OS, 32/64 bit, Synergy version installed, connected to the network via Ethernet or Wi-Fi, specify which one is the server). Also, post a screenshot of both machine's Synergy interface and the Server Configuration interface on your server machine.

Server (desktop)
Synergy Pro ver: 1.8.8-stable-25a8cb2
Connected via WiFi

Client (laptop)
Synergy Pro ver: 1.8.8-stable-25a8cb2
Connected via WiFi

synergy_server.jpg

synergy_client.jpg

synergy_server_config.jpg

synergy_server_config_adv.jpg

Thank you for all your help so far Paul.  Just tried using relative mouse moves, but it didn't seem to make any difference.  As soon as I load a game and attempt to move to client the cursor again moves to bottom-right corner.

Interesting change -- must have been through a system restart.  Scroll lock now prevents the cursor from moving from screen to screen.  Will continue to use Synergy and see how it reacts.