Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Setting Up

divotagency

I am using synergy between my pc running windows 10 and a new macbook pro.  i cannot get this software to work.  I keep getting messages saying enter host name or find a file.  Makes no sense, neither of these issues are displayed in the installation/set up video.  What is going on?  

Paul Suarez

Hi @divotagency. Please provide more details about your machines (OS, 32/64 bit, Synergy version installed, connected to the network via Ethernet or Wi-Fi, specify which one is the server). Also, post a screenshot of both machine's Synergy interface and the Server Configuration interface on your server machine.

divotagency

MAC OS 64 Brand new MacBook Pro most current OS installed, Wi-Fi Network  PC is the Server and Mac is the client.    I havent even been able to configure anything because the software asks to enter hostname and/or locate a file - whihc I am not sure what that even means.  

divotagency

This is the screenshot from my Mac...  Where do I submit request for refund...  i'm not going to spend a bunch of time messing with this program... i just bought it... if I dont getting it working as it should I'd like a refund.  Seems VERY buggy to me.  

synergy screen.jpg

Paul Suarez

If you still want to continue troubleshooting with us, please provide the lacking information I have asked you previously.

If you'd want to push through in getting a refund, please email us at [email protected].