Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

failed to connect to server

Hi,

I am having a problem setting up the connection.

Both computers run win10, wired connection...

I have synergy pro and it was previously working with same client and other server computer,

now i have a new laptop and trying to set it up... all connections are the same as it were with previous comp...

I think ping is not working. How can I fix this?

Captures.PNG

Capture.PNG

Paul Suarez

Since both machines have multiple valid IP addresses, it could be that Synergy is trying to look for the other machine on a network which is not the same network where your other machine is trying to send its connection request to. What you can do is to set an interface where your machine(s) will be looking for or will be listening to for the other machine's request to connect.

1. Click Edit
  2. Click Settings
  3. Type the IP address of that machine where you want it to listen or look for the other machine  in the box for Interface
  4. Click OK
  5. Click Apply or Start

Most of the time, setting it only on the server machine is sufficient. But if still won't connect, go ahead and set it on your client machine as well.

Let us know how it goes. ;)

Paul Suarez
On 6/27/2017 at 5:00 AM, jero said:

Captures.PNG

Basing it from this screenshot, your client machine is not connected to the network that has the format of 192.168.245.x. That means that they might be on the same network but not on the same subnet.