fdaniel

The executable ... could not be started, although it does exist.

9 posts in this topic

Hi,
first of all thank you for developing this product, it's very good. I have been using Synergy for a couple of weeks now and today I got this error message saying: "The executable /Applications/Synergy.app/Contents/MacOS/synergys could not be successfully started, although it does exist. Please check if you have sufficient permissions to run this program." Until now everything worked fine. I haven't changed anything - neither in the Synergy config nor in my Mac's system/security configs. I googled the problem but I only found a closed GitHub issue from you, where no actual solution is provided. Could you please help me out? I already re-installed the application, it didn't do anything - my assumption is that I'd have to delete the config file itself so that a clean install would re-create a (hopefully) working one. FYI on my Windows machine (I use it as the client part) everything works perfectly meaning it listens to a server without error. I hope you can help me with this problem. :)

Key information:

Kind Regards,
Daniel

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-21 um 21.03.06.png

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-21 um 21.04.08.png

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-21 um 21.04.36.png

@Paul Suarez I bought and downloaded the product one week ago. As I noticed the error today (yesterday it worked flawlessly), I removed it and downloaded again from your homepage. My "About Synergy" below:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-21 um 21.22.31.png

Maybe I should manually set read and write permissions on the synergys executable using "chmod"? 

I've just uninstalled the old and installed the mentioned version and rebooted my Mac. I'm still getting the same error on initialization. :(

Should I try and delete the config files manually, so that a new installation would re-create it? As you know, uninstalling a program on Mac doesn't automatically delete config files stored in a completely different directory. (Just trying to figure it out on my own...)

Thanks! This solved the issue, I can successfully connect to my Windows PC. However, I also get the "WARNING: unknown quartz event type: 0x1d" message constantly spammed on server side as described in the GitHub issue. Not that it bothers me at the moment, but I wanted to let you know. Thank you for the help! :)

For anyone out there who might stumble across this thread, here's the solution:

• Exit Synergy
  • Open Terminal
  • "rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.http-symless-com.Synergy.plist" then hit Enter
  • "rm -rf ~/Library/Synergy/" Enter
  • "killall -u $USER cfprefsd" and again Enter
  • Restart Synergy