Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Win 10 not running on lock screen

BradTheGeek

New synergy user, this is my setup:

2 PCs:

1 - Win10 - Pro, running server.

2- Dual boot Win10 (insider preview) and Ubuntu derivative (have not setup linux side yet so ignore that) - clients

It is working great.  On box 2, Windows client, Synergy is set to run as a service under local system as normal.  However, it does not respond on the lock/login screen it only works after logging in.  I want to clear the extra keyboard/moue off my desk, but cannot if I have to keep one on that box to login.  Is there a way to get this running.  Since it is a service, I would think it would work, but I know from experience the windows login screen runs under a differnt user context.

Any help is appreciated.

Paul Suarez
2 hours ago, BradTheGeek said:

it does not respond on the lock/login screen it only works after logging in.

Is this after a reboot and it was running and connected before the reboot? or just on normal boot from shut down?

BradTheGeek
13 hours ago, Paul Suarez said:

Is this after a reboot and it was running and connected before the reboot? or just on normal boot from shut down?

I have not tested from a cold boot.  But it was running and working, then on sign out or restart it stops working.

Edited by BradTheGeek
Paul Suarez

Hi @BradTheGeek. Please set Synergy on both machines to always elevate.

1. Click Edit
  2. Click Setting
  3. Set Elevate to Always
  4. Click OK
  5. Click Apply or Start

Let us know how it goes.

BradTheGeek

No worries.  I like to update when I can and give thanks!

I have another question now regarding a Linux install, but I will make a new post (when I have time.. real work has to take precedence)