Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Moving browser tabs?

Samuel Tønnessen

Personally, I'm using Firefox. I believe other browser are acting similar in regards to my suggestion. On the same PC, I'm able to simply drag&drop tabs from one window of Firefox to another. Would it be hard to implement the possibility to drag a tab from Firefox on one computer and over to Firefox on another computer?

Frankly, I'd be surprised if you manage to pull this off, but it would be really cool.

On June 20, 2017 at 11:50 AM, Samuel Tønnessen said:

Personally, I'm using Firefox. I believe other browser are acting similar in regards to my suggestion. On the same PC, I'm able to simply drag&drop tabs from one window of Firefox to another. Would it be hard to implement the possibility to drag a tab from Firefox on one computer and over to Firefox on another computer?

Frankly, I'd be surprised if you manage to pull this off, but it would be really cool.

Hey Samuel,

While this would be cool it would require the ability to move things from the RAM and the HDD/Storage to the other computer as well, it's very possible that it could happen, but I wouldn't personally expect it anytime soon.

Paul Suarez

Hi @Samuel Tønnessen. That would be a really cool feature to add. I badly wanted it myself. Although we are currently more focused on making Synergy more stable on all platforms. But as soon as we achieve that, we'd definitely work on that feature. ;)

• Like 1
Samuel Tønnessen
19 hours ago, Mark9719 said:

While this would be cool it would require the ability to move things from the RAM and the HDD/Storage to the other computer as well, it's very possible that it could happen, but I wouldn't personally expect it anytime soon.

Being somewhat into programming, I can definitely see how this might be difficult to implement. I'd easily forgive if it just opened the URL instead of moving the actual tab. I can imagine it being a great selling point, though.

And the different browsers are also different, and implementing it for all of them probably wouldn't be spending the programmers' time well.

47 minutes ago, Paul Suarez said:

Although we are currently more focused on making Synergy more stable on all platforms. But as soon as we achieve that, we'd definitely work on that feature. ;)

Can't say I disagree with that priority. Fancy features wouldn't be very useful if I can't get the software working reliably for me in the first place.

Edited by Samuel Tønnessen