Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Ubuntu / Linux Installation

tea`lwren

Instructions say:

Linux: Run the downloaded package to open the package manager, then click the Install button.

However, the downloaded package is a tar.gz, you can't run it - what am I really supposed to do with it? The INSTALL is a text file with some links in it.

Samuel Tønnessen

You need to download the right package for your distro. The source isn't gonna do you much good unless you know what to do with it.

• Like 1
Paul Suarez

You can click on other operating System and you should see a page where you can download it for all other OS/platform. That is where you can download a .deb file.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I have downloaded the correct file for Ubuntu [synergy-v1.8.8-stable-25a8cb2-Linux-x86_64.deb] but when i run it with the software installer it brings to a page that looks right and it has an install button but I click it and nothing happens....

screenshot.png

Update rebooted x3 and it worked! Well in installed now it see the server (WIn 10) but I get this error:

2017-07-10T22:21:01] ERROR: server refused client with name "john-i5U"

I the server side it says unrecognised client same host name... so it looks like my server is saying no but how do i tell it to accept the client host name.

BTW: It just loops and loops

OK so I got it to work by adding the host name to the server config guess thats normal configuration ...

So I'm good now I'm using it to type this reply :)

Love this software!!! next time I will RTFM....