Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

English US International Keyboard not working

Hebert Caballero
My setup is this: server, Linux Mint 17.1 and a client running Windows 7 Ultimate, both 64-bit. I am using Synergy 1.7.1 in both machines. From my Linux i cannot use the International Keyboard on my Windows. Dead keys are not working, and i cannot type things like ", ', `, ~, «, », and many many others. I was reading about this problem and it seemed to be solved in earlier versions, but, to my discomfort, i realize it is not. Could the issue be related to the fact you are not mapping the Alt Gr. key? In the options there's no such way to map it.
  • 1 month later...
Kris Dekeyser
I have been able to make most of it to work. This is my setup: Ubuntu 15.04 Linux PC - Synergy server Windows 10 TP laptop - Synergy client The Linux box has English International with AltGr dead keys configured, the laptop has Dutch QWERTY installed. On the laptop keyboard, the ', " and ~ keys are dead keys. When using via Synergy and the linux keyboard, the keys are only dead keys when combined with AltGr. That's the way I like it on Linux because I'm mostly doing programming work on that PC and permanent quote dead keys are a pain when writing code. The only thing that I can't get to work is the Windows-L keyboard combination to lock the screen.
  • 1 year later...
Hebert Caballero

I'm going to test that setup... but i think it is not good for me, as i need the dead keys for typing in spanish, i need characters like á, ü and ñ...

Hebert Caballero

No, it is still not working.

I changed the system i had at the moment i started this thread, now the server runs on a Kubuntu 16.04, and the client on a Windows 10. I decided to give Synergy another try and installed the last version 1.8.3, hoping that version had a fix... but sadly not.

I know it is an old bug, and i have to admit, i felt betrayed for paying money for a project that doesn't fix things. Today i found the only subscription at that moment was replaced for a more expensive one, so i feel my money went to waste and this issue (and old and know one) seems to never going to be addressed... This is not working for me, ¡cause i have to use a keyboard on the client machine to enter the dead keys! ¡Sigh!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
Hebert Caballero

Hey i saw you introduced some workarouns to make the US Int keyboard work on some clients, i.e., Windows to Windows it works. I'm really glad to see that.

But from some other systems it still doesn't work, from Linux to Windows it stills doesn't work. Am i mising some configuration or something?