Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy is starting, High Sierra

Paul Suarez

Hi @Jon Olson. Please provide more details about your machines (OS, 32/64 bit, Synergy version installed, connected to the network via Ethernet or Wi-Fi, specify which one is the server). Also, post a screenshot of both machine's Synergy interface and the Server Configuration interface on your server machine.

Jon Olson

Paul

On the MAC (Client) where its stuck on starting synergy its macOS Sierra 10.12.6 Beta 

Server (PC) Windows 10 Pro 64Bit 

See attached

2017_06_21_10_32_25_Synergy_is_starting_High_Sierra_Crashing_Symless_support_forum.png

Paul Suarez

For client machines, it'll be normal for them to be on "synergy is starting" state if they are still trying to connect. I noticed that the network which both machines are on is 172.26.x.x. Is that a work network? Is it through Ethernet or Wi-Fi?

Jon Olson

Yes its our Corp LAN, off the same switch on the same VLAN and able to ping.

This issue started when I upgraded to the latest version of synergy and macOS

Jon Olson

Paul

That build works, synergy starts on the mac. I do notice after my PC goes to sleep I am unable to "click" on anything on my mac, I have to stop/start on the server (my PC) and then can click aroudn in the mac

Paul Suarez

That is due to Mac's system not allowing Synergy to run after sleeping, hence re-connection doesn't take place. Do you have a lock screen when it boots back from sleep?

Paul Suarez

Can you try elevating Synergy on your Windows machine?

1. Click Edit
  2. Click Setting
  3. Set Elevate to Always
  4. Click OK
  5. Click Apply or Start
Paul Suarez

Before your Windows machine goes to sleep, do you have Synergy opened (not necessarily be the active application/in-front)? or you have closed it by clicking the x button?

Paul Suarez
On 6/21/2017 at 11:34 PM, Jon Olson said:

2017_06_21_10_32_25_Synergy_is_starting_High_Sierra_Crashing_Symless_support_forum.png

What is that icon on the left side of the minimize button for?