Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Bug: Mouse click sometimes stops working on Client

Doug Tooley

I've only seen it in synergy-v1.8.8-stable-25a8cb2-Windows-x64  (Windows 10 machines)

Problem: Occasionally, the mouse click doesn't work on the client.  (mouse pointer moves, but click doesn't do anything)

The work-around is to return to the server, click on something (like a file in an Explorer window), and then go back to the Client and the mouse click down works.

This seems to happen after the Client reboots. 

I've seen it happen about 4 times.

Doug Tooley

Update:

I had it happen just now *NOT* associated with a reboot.

My best guess is that I may have had a button (control perhaps?) pressed while transitioning between screens. But attempts to reproduce this, failed.

The Server is a Desktop (Win 10), and the Client is a Laptop (Win 10).

Paul Suarez

You can set the logging level to Debug1 on each machines and you should see if there are key presses when entering to a screen.

Samuel Tønnessen

This just happened to me too. The client computer was just idling for a few hours, and then I decided I wanted to shut it down. Could move the mouse around and scroll, but not click anything, but keyboard worked fine, so I was able to use just the keyboard to shut it down.

Doug Tooley

Paul,

I just noticed you'd also asked about keyboard layout.

The Server normally has "ENG" as its keyboard, but I also have "ENG CAFR" and "ENG CMS" installed, although I never use them deliberately.

Worth noting: I have recently logged a Synergy bug where transitioning between screens (Server to Client) with the "Command Prompt" as my active window results in the spontaneous changing of my selected keyboard type on my Server. (100% repro)