Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Issues with French Canadian Keyboard

Paul Duval
Hi! Laptop #1, running Kubuntu 15.04 with external USB French Canadian keyboard and external USB mouse Laptop #2, running Windows 7 with laptop's French Canadian Keyboard When Laptop #1 is Synergy Server, and Laptop #2 is Synergy Client: everything is fine on Laptop #1. On Laptop #2, the "Alt Car" key at the right of the Space Bar is not working so I cannot type such characters as \ (Alt Car + #), ± (Alt Car + 1), @ (Alt Car + 2), °, [, ], {, } etc... or ï, ë, ... When Laptop #2 is Synergy Server, and Laptop #1 is Synergy Client: everything is fine on Laptop #2. On Laptop #1, it's as if I was using a regular English keyboard, no French accented characters such as é, ç, à, è, ê, ù, etc... the "Alt Car" key at the right of Space Bar is not working either. Any specific Synergy settings I should be using? Thanks.
  • 8 months later...
I don't know what to recommend, without knowing more about the keyboard (to determine compatibility). This might be easy to solve, with enough info. * what is the make/model of each laptop? * what is the exact name of the language setting in each OS? * language setting in Synergy on each system ("Edit" -> "Settings")? The keys/characters tend to work best when the language settings in the OS as well as Synergy (on each system) are set to the same language for which the keyboard is designed (or any language for which the keyboard is totally compatible). - Brian