Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Copy paste Win10 to Ubuntu 14.04

For Windows 10 to Ubuntu 14.04 I am unable to copy and paste in either direction. After ctrl+c on windows 10 machine if i move the mouse to ubuntu it will not allow me to paste. This also happens even if I had previously ctrl+c on the ubuntu machine. The clipboard is cleared out on the ubuntu machine but never gets replaced with the copy from windows. It seems like the attempt was made to make it work but it doesn't carry the values over so it just clears. Hope this helps your team. 

Paul Suarez

Hi @kicksent. Copy/Paste and DragandDrop support is not yet available for Linux machines. We are working with longer hours to make this possible. Please bear with as we strive harder in making your Synergy experience more seamless.

Sounds good. Have you all considered making previous versions available on your site which have this functionality? I would happily step down to 1.7, 1.6, etc to be able to have this work. Just a thought. 

Paul Suarez

Definitely @kicksent. It should supposedly be available. Its just that we're still making changes on this new site, that's why we haven't been able to post them yet. What version(s) would you want and what OS would you need it for? I'll try to find a way to make it available for you to download. ;)

I am using ubuntu 14.04 and windows 10 for the host. I mainly use this program to interface when I am programming. Any version that allows copy paste to work between the two would be swell. Thanks! That would be great!

Paul Suarez
On 6/11/2017 at 2:16 PM, Paul Suarez said:

Copy/Paste and DragandDrop support is not yet available for Linux machines.

@kicksent, I stand corrected on this. Copy - paste should work on Linux but not drag and drop (yet).