Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Laggy mouse on client PC

Balthasar

Hi,

just bought Synergy and having issues with the mouse on the client pc as it 'jumps' around the screen and seems laggy which makes it hard to hit buttons etc.

Server is a Mac with latest OS, Client a Win10 machine.

Paul Suarez

Please provide more details about your machines (OS, 32/64 bit, Synergy version installed, connected to the network via Ethernet or Wi-Fi, specify which one is the server). Also, post a screenshot of both machine's Synergy interface and the Server Configuration interface on your server machine.

Balthasar
Just now, Paul Suarez said:

Please provide more details about your machines (OS, 32/64 bit, Synergy version installed, connected to the network via Ethernet or Wi-Fi, specify which one is the server). Also, post a screenshot of both machine's Synergy interface and the Server Configuration interface on your server machine.

Server:

MacOS 10.12.5 (64bit), WiFi, latest non-beta Synergy (1.8.8)

Client:

Win10 (64bit), WiFi, latest non-beta Synergy (1.8.8)

I have not changed the settings on both of the machines by now.

Balthasar
24 minutes ago, Paul Suarez said:

You can try turning the relative mouse moves option on first. If it still won't work, it might be best for you to try v1.9. You can get if from Download Synergy 1.9.0 to fix the wifi macOS bug forums thread.

Thanks.

Sadly it doesn't change a lot. Still laggy on the client side. (I've de- and reactivated the "relative mouse moves" option and now I receive like ten "WARNING: unknown quartz event type: 0x1d" errors per second in the log, no matter if the above option is activated or not.

Balthasar

I want to add the following: When I move the mouse it seems there is a pattern: About five seconds the mouse moves with lag and seems to "jump", after which there is a 2-3 second phase when the mouse moves quite nicely (minimal lag, but the cursor is not not jumping around). This repeats: 5 seconds bad, 2 seconds quite ok, 5 seconds bad, 2 seconds and so forth.

Balthasar

I am aware this could ease the situation, but logically both server and client are at the same place, which sadly not reachable via ethernet cables.

(Might change in the long run, but not in 2017)

Paul Suarez

How many devices is connected and are using your Wi-Fi network @Balthasar? What frequency do you have it on? 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz? When you connect to a Wi-Fi network, how many networks are you seeing?

Balthasar

Devices: Normally around 6

Frequency: Router decides automatically if both is supported: client is 5, server 2,4 (server does not support 5).

Other networks: 3

Balthasar

I did and it worked for some seconds (still jumpy, but it felt more responsive), but then went even worse so I changed it back.

I have same issue with the "Unknown quartz event error".  Switching to 2.4ghz wifi signal solved the problem, but the log is constantly streaming that error message 10 lines at a time.  Using version 1.9.0-rc3.

I'd like to add that using ethernet isn't much of a choice.  More and more devices are dropping the port and i also use this app while mobile, coffee shops, etc.  Hoping you guys can fully iron this issue out.

Balthasar
On 14/06/2017 at 2:20 PM, Balthasar said:

It is public in the sense that it can be seen by others, but both networks (private and guest) are protected.

Any suggestions?

Paul Suarez
22 hours ago, Balthasar said:

Any suggestions?

privatepublic.PNG.89647bfc448ede9de22af2481976f195.PNG

This is what I am asking about having it set as public or private network @Balthasar. 

22 hours ago, Balthasar said:

public in the sense that it can be seen by others

I guess what you mean on that statement is if the SSID is hidden or not, which is not what I am asking about.