Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Sudden loss of connectivity - Linux->Win10

FistfulOfStars

Have been going fine for years, all of a sudden lost connectivity (around the time of the Win10 creators update) and am unable to fix the issue.

Server: Linux Mint 18.1 64bit

Client: Windows 10 64bit

Both boxes running 1.8.8 stable.

Wireless connection, both boxes have an ip and internet connectivity.

Tried reinstalling both server and client to no avail, auto config vs manual ip, etc...

Sometimes get "IPC connection error -- connection refused" on the windows client. Linux server seems to be waiting for clients with no issue, no errors thrown.

Trying another uninstall/reinstall of client as I type this.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Edited by FistfulOfStars
Paul Suarez

Please provide more details about your machines (OS, 32/64 bit, Synergy version installed, connected to the network via Ethernet or Wi-Fi, specify which one is the server). Also, post a screenshot of both machine's Synergy interface and the Server Configuration interface on your server machine.

Paul Suarez

Please try witching the server machine as a client first and uncheck the Auto config box. Switch it back as a server after that and restart Synergy by closing and reopening it.
Then on your client machine, uncheck the Auto config box and try connecting it by clicking Start.

• Like 1
Paul Suarez

Can you try pinging the Linux machine from your Windows machine? And try it the other way as well. Please post screenshots of the results.

• Like 1
FistfulOfStars

:/

Ehhh... I figured it out. Distro update on server box blew away my firewall settings.

Sorry to bother you!!

Paul Suarez
4 minutes ago, FistfulOfStars said:

:/

Ehhh... I figured it out. Distro update on server box blew away my firewall settings.

Sorry to bother you!!

No worries @FistfulOfStars. Thanks for the update though. ;)

• Like 1