Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Can't use mouse to login to slave

Hi. I had to reinstall the software on my master machine and now I can't use the master mouse to login to my slave machine. What setting do I need to change?

Paul Suarez

Hi @bobbyt. Please provide more details about your machines (OS, 32/64 bit, Synergy version installed, connected to the network via Ethernet or Wi-Fi, specify which one is the server). Also, post a screenshot of both machine's Synergy interface and the Server Configuration interface on your server machine.

Paul Suarez

Are those spaces on the screen names? Please change the screen names of both without any spaces. Valid characters are [a-z0-9\\._-]{,255}.

Also, I am seeing that your machines are on a class A network. In most cases, this kind of network have problems with communication. Please make sure that both machines see each other by pinging each using the other machine.

No, the screen names don't have spaces -- they are just redacted for the public posting.

Both machines ping each other just fine. Synergy works perfectly after I'm logged in.  The problem is using the master keyboard and mouse to log in the the slave machine after a reboot.

Paul Suarez

That might not be possible (currently). That is happening because Windows User Account Control(UAC) tends to stop/block Synergy's service when it shows up. You can verify that if you set UAC to always notify apps try to install or make changes to your computer or to your Windows settings. Then try to lock your client, or try opening Windows Task Manager. You'd see that Synergy will stop.

Our developers are currently looking for ways on how we can deviate from this Windows process. Please bear with us as we try to make everyone's Synergy experience more seamless.:)