Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Mac and Windows Connectivity issue

I have used this software for years between Windows devices however now that we have rotated a Mac device into our mix I seem to have connectivity issues. Can someone please assist?

Paul Suarez

Hi @Brandon. Please provide more details about your machines (OS, 32/64 bit, Synergy version installed, connected to the network via Ethernet or Wi-Fi, specify which one is the server).

Mac is 64 bit, Windows is 32 bit. Current setup is Ethernet for Windows and Wi-Fi for Mac but we are able to utilize Ethernet for both machines if it will assist in resolving the connectivity issues. Windows machine is the server. Currently using a Logitech keyboard and mouse (K800 & Anywhere MX)  

Paul Suarez

Thanks for the details @Brandon. Please post a screenshot of both machine's Synergy interface and the Server Configuration interface on your server machine for us to further diagnose the problem.

Paul Suarez

Hi @Brandon. Sorry but we need you to post it here. The main goal of this Synergy Forums is to share ideas, information and workarounds for all of the users. Also, I am almost a hundred percent positive that what you have there is a private/local IP address which is provided by your gateway or router. That doesn't reveal what your real IP address on the WAN.

Company devices with explicit rules. Sorry, if not possible we will gladly take our business to another solution.