Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Print Screen on Windows Client

JDDoesIT

I have two systems that have dual screens. When I print screen on the server I get both screens that are attached. However on the client I have to have the focus on a screen in order for it to be captured. I cannot capture both screens in one image. And I am noticing that the whole screen is not captured...only the active window.

Paul Suarez

Please provide more details about your machines (OS, 32/64 bit, Synergy version installed, connected to the network via Ethernet or Wi-Fi, specify which one is the server).

JDDoesIT

Server: Win 10 x64 running Synergy 1.8.8-stable-25a8cb2

Client: Win 8.1 x64 running the same build

Connection: wired infrastructure network

FromServer.jpg

fromClient_01.jpg

fromClient_02.jpg

JDDoesIT

So I have noticed a few things

• When the client is disconnected from the server I am able to capture both screens from the native client KB
  • When the client is connected to the server there is no change, the native KB captures both screens
  • If I swap to the server KB and move over to the client screen, without clicking to set focus, I am able to capture both screens
  • As soon as I set focus with the mouse from the server I am only able to capture the window that has that focus, not the entire screen
  • Setting focus via Alt-Tab from the server KB has the effect as clicking with the server mouse, only the active window is captured.

The only reason that this is a big deal for me is based on my configuration and work flow. My gaming/dev system is more powerful than my work system so that is the server. When I am logging into client systems from the work system and performing updates I tend to capture screens for deliverables. Most do not require two screens to be captured, but some do as they are separate distributed systems with some interconnections that I have to prove are working.

ClientDesktopDisconnected.jpg

ClientDesktopConnected.jpg

ClientDesktopNoFocus.jpg

ClientPrintScreenOnlyCaptureWindow.jpg

ClientPrintScreenAltTab.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Paul Suarez

Hi @JDDoesIT! There's already a pull request that's on pr-review that'll handle this issue. It should be implemented once review results to a positive fix for it. :)