acepelon

Mouse working, but not keyboard

9 posts in this topic

I have a Mac server with a Winders 10 Pro client, and every now and again I open some program on my Mac and then my mouse works through Synergy, but my keyboard is always local on my server. I can't figure out what program is causing this behavior. Could be Microsoft Remote Desktop, any one of a couple VPN programs I use (OpenVPN and Big-IP F5) ... a reboot of the Mac server fixes it. Do you have any advice?  Using latest downloads as of today on both client and server.

I saw a previous post about Webroot, but I don't use that.  I haven't installed anything today that might have caused it, and it is pretty infrequent.  I am ready with my facepalmbear.

Edited by acepelon

Please provide more details about your machines (OS, 32/64 bit, Synergy version installed, connected to the network via Ethernet or Wi-Fi, specify which one is the server). Also, post a screenshot of both machine's Synergy interface and the Server Configuration interface on your server machine.

As stated earlier, server is Mac.  Client is Windows 10.  

The Mac is wifi.  Server is ethernet.  See pics for details.

Thank you, Aaron

client1.PNG

client2.PNG

client3.PNG

client4.PNG

server1.png

server2.png

server3.png

server4.png

server5.png

server6.png

Can you confirm that 10.1.1.x is for the WiFi network and that 192.168.116.x network only exist for wired network? If so, which network would you want the machines to communicate through?

All synergy traffic should be on the 10 network. Mac wireless. Windows wired. They both have interfaces in the 192 net but the client is configured to talk on the 10. 

That is why I am asking where each network passes. Let's say if you want to have them communicate through network 10 and network 10 is running through the Ethernet. You can then turn off WiFi on each of the machines first, restart Synergy interface on both and try to connect. You can turn the other networks/interfaces on after they have connected.

Windows client has two NICs, both physical.  The only routable network I have to the outside is the 10 network.  192.168.116.x is private and exists only on the backside of these machines.

The MBP as you know has no builtin physical NICs.  I have a Thunderbolt 2 to ethernet adapter on the MBP on the 192.168.116.x side.  The wireless side is the 10 network.  That's what leads out to the router and to the rest of the world.

I disabled the 192 Windows NIC and unplugged the MBP's physical NIC (the Thunderbolt 2 to ethernet adapter) and quit Synergy on both sides.  I then started Synergy on both sides.   No change in Synergy- still the mouse works great on the client, keyboard only works on the MBP (server)

I had to reboot the Mac for a security update and, as usual, the problem went away.  I will have to re-open if/ when it comes up again.  Sorry.

Aaron