Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

v1.9 wouldn't connect and now cannot uninstall

uwlicomm

Hello! 

I have been using version 1.8.8 successfully on my windows PC and my mac and just recently purchased pro. I saw that a new 1.9 version was out so I installed it and saw that it wasn't connecting. Usually when I'd press 'start' on the server, it would run a bunch of stuff in the log and eventually connect. With 1.9, it would run 2 lines in the log and just say "Starting..." so I stopped it and tried to uninstall so I could roll back to 1.8.8. Uninstalling got funky though and says it can't be stopped to complete the uninstall. I've attached a screenshot. 

Any ideas to either help me uninstall and roll back to 1.8.8 or help me get 1.9 running? Thanks!

synergy-error.jpg

synergy-connection.jpg

Edited by uwlicomm
Paul Suarez

Can you post a screenshot of both machine's Synergy interface and another one showing the Server Configuration interface on the server machine while they're on v1.9.0?

uwlicomm

I tried to blur out things that I thought might be sensitive and relabel with generic terms. Does this work?

client-window.jpg

server-config.jpg

server-window.jpg

Paul Suarez

Your server machine uses SSL while your client machine doesn't. If you wan't to use SSL, it should be turned on for both machines.

1. Click the Edit menu
  2. Click the Settings menu item
  3. Either check or uncheck SSL
  4. Make sure it's the same on both machines

You can also check SSL generic failure knowledge base article for more information.

uwlicomm

If I go into each one's settings, they both have "use SSL" selected. If I disable them both and restart the server, it still only produces those lines in the log of

"Starting server
Config file
Log level"

and doesn't do anything else. The Client will continually say timed out, etc

Paul Suarez

Can you post a screenshot of both machine's Synergy interface and another one showing the Server Configuration interface on the server machine without blurring it? You should be using private/local IP addresses anyways so it won't be a security risk. Also, you can just uncheck the Auto config box on your client machine since you are putting in the IP address anyways.

uwlicomm

I was able to revert back to 1.8.8 on the PC, the mac is still on 1.9 and it fired right up. Same settings and everything, once I pressed Start on the server, the little log window filled up with stuff and connected just fine. I had to be able to use it today so that's why I rolled back, but if you have any other thoughts, I can try them out. Or a new build when it's ready. Thanks!