Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Drag and Drop not working

Mr_Fat_Lai

Drag and drops are not working on my machine. I have a Windows 10 Home PC and a MacOS 10.12.2 Machine. Both have Synergy installed and it's working except the drag n' drop part. Can't drag a file from Windows to Mac and vice versa, this is applicable to all kinds of files. .txt files, .sgc files, etc.. The log doesn't even recognise I dragged a file.

• Like 1
Paul Suarez

Can you try the copy/paste first. Copy a file from the Windows machine and try to paste it on the Mac machine. Try a file which is on the Windows machine's desktop.

Almost the same here... but my server is the Mac:
- Can't copy/paste files
- Can't drag&drop files from Mac to Windows but...
- I CAN drag&drop files from Windows to Mac!

Maybe it's because of the file system security of the mac?
Both sides are fully updated.

I'd love to hear from you.

Cheers,

Sergio

IvanFong97

I have the same problem, I using Windows 10  (desktop and laptop both are the same os )

-Can't copy/paste files

-Can't Drag and Drop

Mr_Fat_Lai

Again, still not working, both sides had the newest version installed, normal copy and paste works, but it refused to paste anything related to files. Tried Drag and Drop but still not luck from Windows to Mac, but Mac to Windows worked. Confirmed server config enabled drag and drop file transfer.

Edited by Mr_Fat_Lai
Paul Suarez

I see. I'm really sorry @Mr_Fat_Lai that this continues to be an inconvenience for you. To help us better understand what it does and what it doesn't, we would want to ask for the logs it generates when trying to drag and drop a file. Please set both machine's logging level to Debug 1.

*Before starting with the steps, make sure that both machine's Synergy is not running (stopped)

1. Click Edit (on top)
  2. Click Settings
  3. Set Logging level to Debug1
  4. Click OK
  5. Restart Synergy by closing and re-opening it

* Do the same steps on both machines before trying to reconnect

Paste the log results on Pastebin or Gist then post the link here.

Mr_Fat_Lai
50 minutes ago, Paul Suarez said:

I see. I'm really sorry @Mr_Fat_Lai that this continues to be an inconvenience for you. To help us better understand what it does and what it doesn't, we would want to ask for the logs it generates when trying to drag and drop a file. Please set both machine's logging level to Debug 1.

*Before starting with the steps, make sure that both machine's Synergy is not running (stopped)

1. Click Edit (on top)
  2. Click Settings
  3. Set Logging level to Debug1
  4. Click OK
  5. Restart Synergy by closing and re-opening it

* Do the same steps on both machines before trying to reconnect

Paste the log results on Pastebin or Gist then post the link here.

https://pastebin.com/SzMZzKmf Mac to Windows - LOG WINDOWS

https://pastebin.com/wvrhynxK Mac to Windows - LOG MAC

https://pastebin.com/N3H8AQZf Windows to Mac - LOG WINDOWS

https://pastebin.com/PRfESVam Windows to Mac - LOG MAC

All logs are normal except Windows to Mac - LOG WINDOWS. 

[2017-06-14T12:33:27] DEBUG: failed to get drag file name from OLE

Edited by Mr_Fat_Lai
  • 2 weeks later...
Paul Suarez

Hi @Mr_Fat_Lai. Have you tried this?

On 6/22/2017 at 3:39 AM, Blonger said:

Hello there,

greetings from Germany.
I found a Solutions that worked for me and my friends(different plattforms Win 7 to 10 and 8 so 8.1 Mac.....)
We just changed the log from info to debug 1 on server and on the client(`s).
[Also try to disable SSL Encryption]
We reload the config on both an it worked just fine.
By Drag and Drop as well ass strg-c / -v.
I were able to change the log output to back to info and it still works.
For me this is a strange error, because effectivly i did nothing by it seems that something in the backend happend.....

Hope that this will Help.

Bye Blonger

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm having this same problem.

I cannot transfer files (no copy paste nor drag & drop) between a Windows 10 Pro (server) and a Windows 10 Home (client) and vice versa.

The solution posted by Paul Suarez didn't work.

This was the main feature of why I bought this app, so I could seamlessly move files between 2 PCs while controlling both with the same keyboard and mouse as advertised.

If this is not possible I would like to ask for a refund please.

• 2 weeks later...
MasterofMonkeys

Same issue, I do have SSL enabled, the drag and drop does not work either way, with or without SSL. Copy paste only works for text with and without ssl. After switching into debug 2, I noticed that it would write only on test and not files like it was being ignored. How rude. Anyway let me know when you have a fix or you need a beta tester.

I am having the same issues. I am running Synergy on two macs (a Macbook and an iMac). The keyboard and mouse works seamlessly, but no drag and drop capabilities, no cut and paste across computer capabilities. I purchased this product in large part due to the claim of being able to drag and drop across computers. I tried the solution above to no avail. Please help!

Same issue as the others have. I use synergy on a Windows 10 64-bit PC + Windows 10 64-bit Notebook.

Keyboard and mouse sharing works well. Use of the clipboard works well however copying of files doesn't work (satisfactorily) neither by CTRL+C / CTRL+V nor by drag & drop.

Oberved that the protocol mode and the target seem to make a difference. No influence of SSL observed.

In info mode no rule for file transfer recognizable. In debug mode 1 copying of files works from desktop to desktop as well as from folders on my drives to desktop. Transfer from folder to folder or from desktop to folder does not work. Suggestion @ developer: Test in different protocol modes from several different source folders to several different target folders.

Any question and / or suggestion as well as improved Beta-versions for testing are welcome. Keep in mind that advertised functions should (must) work as promised.

Hi I have purchased to use drag and drop of files also.

Have tried changing to debug 1 - did not work
Changed the client and server around - did not work
Turned SSL on and off - did not work.

Windows 10 (PC) is the server
Windows 7 (laptop) is the client.

Same issue here. Win 10 Pro server Mac OSX is client. No SSL. Setting log to DEBUG 1 didn't help.

While trying mentioned fix with log my synergy on Mac started to disconnect and reconnect every 10 seconds. I tried restarting it couple of times and it eventually quit but left Dock icon hanging in jumping animation, and I couldn't force kill it from activity monitor either. It prevented me from restarting or shutting down my mac, after initial attempt OSX was instantly closing all apps that I tried to open, "Shutdown prevented" dialog never showed up, I eventually managed to open terminal and reboot my "sudo shutdown -r now". Quite unpleasant bug. Using v1.8.8-stable-25a8cb2

Digglesworth

I just bought the software in anticipation of Drag and Drop between my Mac and PC.  It looks like it's not working for my either.  I have tried all the suggestions in this thread and nothing.  I bought this after seeing it talked about on Linus Tech Tips.  Seems I should have done more research.

• Nick Bolton locked this topic