Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Drag and Drop not working

MasterofMonkeys

[2017-10-08T18:10:35] INFO: service command updated

[2017-10-08T18:10:35] INFO: service command updated

[2017-10-08T18:10:36] INFO: got ipc shutdown message

[2017-10-08T18:10:36] NOTE: stopped client

[2017-10-08T18:10:37] INFO: process 11892 was shutdown gracefully

[2017-10-08T18:10:37] INFO: starting new process

[2017-10-08T18:10:37] INFO: activeDesktop:Default

[2017-10-08T18:10:37] INFO: starting new process

[2017-10-08T18:10:37] INFO: drag and drop enabled

[2017-10-08T18:10:37] ERROR: failed to get desktop path, no drop target available, error=2

[2017-10-08T18:10:37] NOTE: started server, waiting for clients

[2017-10-08T18:10:37] INFO: watchdog status: ok

Rhys Hammond

I've also got this problem, clipboard for text works most of the times but drag and drop of files has never worked

Windows 10 <-> Windows 10 devices.

I've owned Synergy for about 18 months as well, drag and drop has never worked.

I reinstalled both client and server, it didn't work initially but after changing log level to debug2 it started working but not properly. It was still broken, ctrl-c ctrl-v didn't work in either direction, dragging from server to client worked every other time, some times it did, some times it didn't and other times upon entering client screen mouse would reset back to main server screen. Dragging from client to server kind of worked but it would copy file to desktop immediately upon entering server screen space.

Server log Debug2 
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3rak4csea92178f/n1kk_synergy_server_log.dragndrop_issue.txt?dl=0
Client log Debug2
https://www.dropbox.com/s/huwwknhd2adwsjw/n1kk_synergy_client_log.dragndrop_issue.txt?dl=0

BTW: Why can't I attach .txt files ? Only images are allowed.

DigitalSorceress

I have been fighting with clipboard for ages as well.. It seems random.. no pattern I can find, though I wonder if non-plain text copy/paste is involved.

Frankly, I would LOVE an option to force copy/paste to limit to /convert to plaintext always as I actually only ever care about the plaintext and not the rich content.. I could care less about drag/drop and if those things are making the clipboard sharing unreliable I'd just as soon turn them off.

I have to stop and restart the server to get the clipboard to start working again.. I'm sharing between windows 7 enterprise, Windows server 12 and Windows 8.1 (and sometimes a MAC, but that is often turned off)

Edited by DigitalSorceress
  • 3 weeks later...

Copy/Paste and drag an drop not working for me either.

Windows 10 (desktop) > Windows 10 (Surface Pro 3)

Tried debug 1 and 2, and neither worked.

On 10/8/2017 at 7:48 AM, Digglesworth said:

I just bought the software in anticipation of Drag and Drop between my Mac and PC.  It looks like it's not working for my either.  I have tried all the suggestions in this thread and nothing.  I bought this after seeing it talked about on Linus Tech Tips.  Seems I should have done more research.

Man, i was the same, I was binge watching several of LINUS video promotion of this I thought I try it out but the feature I most wanted doesn't work. I am in process of requesting a refund, trying it barely for 30 minutes.

Rhys Hammond

I looked at opening a support ticket but it seems like that isn't an option. Only support through the community or the KB/FAQ documentation. O.o

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

We're changing drag and drop to "coming soon" on our website, as of the 2.0 release. We will be re-writing this feature in 2.1 (due early next year). Because of recent OS updates, this feature has stopped working properly for a lot of users.

If you purchased Synergy because of this feature and need a refund, please email us: [email protected] 

• Like 1
  • Nick Bolton locked this topic