Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Changing layouts does not work

Hi, changing layout does not work. The server is Debian 9 and the client machine is Windows 7. I would like to change it with alt+shift (left).  

Let me explain. The server is a desktop machine with installed Debian 9, the client is a Windows 7 on a laptop. before to install synergy on Windows worked alt+shift changing the layout in my case from EN to BG. Once I have installed stopped to work alt+shift. On the server machine, Debian 9 alt+shift is working as should be. Even if I try to change it manually trough the mouse and to click to the other language layout it is impossible to change it. In order to do it I have to stop synergy and them I can change it. 

Edited by Igoshin
Paul Suarez

You can create a hot key on the server side to try to relay the correct key combination you want for your Windows machine. It should be under Server Configuration interface.

I server configuration tab: hotkeys press on new hotkey keystroke() and if I press alt+shift it shows mea mousebutton (alt+4) if i use alt with any other button shows correctly. 

Edited by Igoshin
22 minutes ago, Igoshin said:

I pressed on "server configuration" then on tab: "hotkeys" press on "new" hotkey, showed me a window with text "keystroke()" and if I press alt+shift it shows me a mousebutton (alt+4) if i use alt with any other button shows correctly.