Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy won't start under OSX 10.6.8

Bartosz Bludau

Hi there,

I just purchased Synergy and although I know that it only supports MacOs 10.9 or higher I wanted to ask if there is an older version that runs under 10.6.8.

I want to connect my Windows 8 PC (Server) with my 10.6.8 MacBook Pro (Client). I also tried v. 1.8.5 which supports 10.7 and 10.8 hoping that it might help and at least I could open it but it still does not connect to my pc.

Could you please help me somehow!

Thanks a lot.

Bartosz

Bartosz Bludau

Hi Paul,

I attached a screenshot of the log. That is all I get. Seems like it tries to build up a connection each second.
On my PC the mac is recognized directly and I was already able to choose the desktop position but my mac doesn't connect somehow.

Thank you for your help. I am so looking forward to using this great tool.

Best,

Bartosz

Synergy_Log.png

Paul Suarez

That means that your libcurl version is outdated. Synergy requires libcurl version 7.0.0 and up for it to work. Please update it for you to be able to use Synergy.

Bartosz Bludau
22 hours ago, Paul Suarez said:

That means that your libcurl version is outdated. Synergy requires libcurl version 7.0.0 and up for it to work. Please update it for you to be able to use Synergy.

I have somehow tried to update it and now when I check which libcurl version I have my terminal shows me this:

bartosz-bludaus-macbook-pro:downloads bartoszbludau$ curl --version
curl 7.19.7 (universal-apple-darwin10.0) libcurl/7.19.7 OpenSSL/0.9.8y zlib/1.2.3
Protocols: tftp ftp telnet dict ldap http file https ftps
Features: GSS-Negotiate IPv6 Largefile NTLM SSL libz

Still the same problem. I cannot connect to my windows server

Bartosz Bludau

ok, windows is showing me now "zeroconf client detected: ..."

But on the mac side nothing changed

• 3 weeks later...
Paul Suarez

Can you rename your Mac machine to something that doesn't have the ".local" and a little bit shorter? then edit the screen name on the server configuration interface to reflect the changes you made.

Bartosz Bludau

I did, but it had no effect unfortunately. It still does not work. Maybe it has something to do with the rights management under "sharing" in system preferences on the mac?

Again thanks for your help!

Paul Suarez
11 hours ago, Bartosz Bludau said:

It still does not work.

Can you elaborate on that one? Are you still getting the same error? Can you post screenshots of your machine's Synergy interface after doing that?