Sign in to follow this  
Vadim Dyachenko

Trouble with multi-language input

1 post in this topic

Hi. I've bought Synergy just earlier today - from the first impression, works quite better than Mouse Without Borders. I've quickly bumped into a small problem though. I have two devices - a desktop computer (server), and an average-sized x86 tablet (client). Both are running an English version of Windows 8.1 32-bit. Both have two input languages - English and Russian. The problem is: 1. Switching languages (set to Ctrl+Shift, if that matters) while on the client machine doesn't work as intended - indeed, it switches the language, but if the server' language is set to English, it'll continue sending English text. What is the expected course of action about this? 2. If I change the language to Russian while on the server, switch to client, and try typing something, Cyrillic characters will not successfully "get through", turning into question marks "?". Numbers and punctuation still work correctly (and with keyboard layout differences in mind). I assume that this is an encoding problem, but I haven't found any way to adjust it neither in the options nor on text_config wiki page. Quite curiously, at the same time copying text via clipboard works though. I would imagine that this would be more or less of a common and easily resolvable problem, but so far I was unsuccessful in my searches by related queries.

+1 ! Server's keyboard visually change input language on "client", but really print language, that set on server.