symless_noobie

Multiple monitor setup

15 posts in this topic

I have 5 monitors on my master (server) computer.  I have my client computer which has one screen above the master monitors.  Synergy is viewing all the master monitors as "one" top monitor, but I only want one monitor to act as the "transfer monitor".  Is there any way to do that?  Thanks!

Which of those 5 monitors has the client monitor on top of it?

Just now, Paul Suarez said:

Which of those 5 monitors has the client monitor on top of it?

In screen settings, the first monitor or the third from the right -the middle monitor.  I have my laptop above that monitor. (this is a picture before I moved my laptop)

IMAG0293.jpg

You can try to enable Top-left and Top-right Dead corners. Then, set the corner size to fit/route the open side of the server monitor as the the middle monitor. The value on the corner size is based on pixels. 

forSymless-noobies.thumb.jpg.fbcfd9d543780ff4e02b4578be4fbd28.jpg

Sadly, that did not work... It still treats all of these monitors as "one screen".

Can you share a screenshot of how you configured the Server Configuration?

7 minutes ago, Paul Suarez said:

Can you share a screenshot of how you configured the Server Configuration?

Here you go.

Capture.JPG

Can you also post a screenshot of both machine's Synergy interface? Also, what is the screen resolution of each of your monitor? You can check the resolution for each monitor faster by opening a browser on each monitor and go to this site.

I have similar issue. However, my setup is top left to right is the server, bottom left to right is the client. My sertup is six monitors. My mouse gets reconfigured but I can't move it from top to bottom or visaversa

Paul, did you get my messages or posts? I hope you can guide me. Thanks

I apologize, I got busy and haven't had adequate time or energy to respond go this post.  Still haven't fixed the issue.. I'm using a USB to DVI and HDMI plus a USB to VGA, but that shouldn't be a problem should it?

Edited by symless_noobie
Insufficient Info