Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Mouse button clicks not registering on reboot and screen lock

Craig Snyder

Using the latest version of Synergy on both machines, upon rebooting the client host machine, clicks do not register on the client machine. This can be fixed by stopping and starting Synergy, but it's quite annoying to do. Both machines are running Windows 10 Creator, and this same problem existed on the previous version of Windows.

Not registering clicks also occurs after you've enabled and then disabled screen lock, locking your cursor to the host machine. Can this be fixed?

Paul Suarez

Can you try to uninstall it and re-install? Make sure Synergy is also removed as a service when you uninstall it.

Craig Snyder
2 minutes ago, Paul Suarez said:

Can you try to uninstall it and re-install? Make sure Synergy is also removed as a service when you uninstall it.

Is there any way I can preserve all of my host/client settings if I do this?

Craig Snyder
22 hours ago, Paul Suarez said:

You can save the configuration file by clicking File on the upper left.

Reinstalled, but how do I import my exported settings now? Not seeing that under File.

Craig Snyder
9 hours ago, Paul Suarez said:

Hi @Craig Snyder. Can you set the Elevate level of both machines to Always?

Hey, tried this just now, applied and restarted, still no good.

Craig Snyder
On 5/25/2017 at 4:18 PM, Paul Suarez said:

Please try v1.9.0 from Synergy v1.9.0 Release Candidate forum thread.

Hi. This hasn't fixed my issue.

I'll outline it in more detail:

• Restarting the host machine allows me to access the client monitor, but mouse clicks do not register. Stopping and starting Synergy from the UI fixes this.
  • When I launch a full screen application, or even a borderless game like League of Legends, mouse clicks do not register on the client monitor after. Stopping and starting Synergy from the UI fixes this.
  • On occassion, using the hotkey to lock my mouse to the host screen and then unlocking it will will result in mouse clicks not registering on the host monitor. Stopping and starting Synergy from the UI fixes this.
Paul Suarez

Please set both machine's logging level to Debug1 and send us a copy of the logs it generates when you try to do those things and won't work.

Craig Snyder
8 minutes ago, Paul Suarez said:

Please set both machine's logging level to Debug1 and send us a copy of the logs it generates when you try to do those things and won't work.

Here are the logs when replicating this problem by launching League of Legends in borderless mode, and then after exiting the game the client machine not processing mouse clicks.

host.txt

client.txt

Craig Snyder
8 minutes ago, Paul Suarez said:

I have added this thread on an open issue in GitHub. Please bear with us as we try to make Synergy better for everyone.

That thread doesn't really relate to my issue at all, just the opposite actually. Just letting you know.

• 4 months later...
Dave Heinrich

I've got the same issue here. (Win10 Server, Mac OS Client, both running 1.9.) Restarting the program used to work, but does not any more. The lag between inputs on the client made this almost unusable, but now it's entirely unusable. The time spent trouble shooting has already eaten up much more time that I was supposed to save by not having to go back and forth between input devices.

This is a real drag.

Dave Heinrich
1 minute ago, Dave Heinrich said:

I've got the same issue here. (Win10 Server, Mac OS Client, both running 1.9.) Restarting the program used to work, but does not any more. The lag between inputs on the client made this almost unusable, but now it's entirely unusable.

Now it just started working, having sat open for around 5 minutes. Is it "warming up"? This really feels less like a program, and more like a Wishing Well where if I believe hard enough it will do what I want. People pay for this software so that they can get more work done, not so they can wait around to maybe use the program.