Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Mouse Scroll works intermittantly

Jonovich

Hi folks,

Wonder if anyone can help? I'm running the latest version of Synergy. Host is a Windows 7 64bit machine wired desktop, client is Windows 10 64bit wireless laptop. Initially the mouse scroll wheel works, but it seems to lose this functionality on the client system at some point during my working day. Everything else is working fine. Keyboard and Mouse are both from the Wireless Logitech combination sharing a common USB (none unifying) wireless adaptor K270 and M185.

Any help, greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Jon.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
Holly Paddock

I was having a similar issue just now.  I had bought a new Logitech M510 mouse and decided to install the Logitech Options software in case I wanted to customize the buttons.  Now I remember why I had uninstalled the software with my previous Logitech mouse. :(  It seems to break the scrolling for my client computer.  Once I uninstalled that software the scrolling works again.  I also have the Logitech Unifying and Logitech Gaming Software installed.  Those don't seem to cause an issue.

Server is Windows 7 and client is Mac 10.11.6.

• Like 1
Paul Suarez
3 hours ago, Holly Paddock said:

I was having a similar issue just now.  I had bought a new Logitech M510 mouse and decided to install the Logitech Options software in case I wanted to customize the buttons.  Now I remember why I had uninstalled the software with my previous Logitech mouse. :(  It seems to break the scrolling for my client computer.  Once I uninstalled that software the scrolling works again.  I also have the Logitech Unifying and Logitech Gaming Software installed.  Those don't seem to cause an issue.

Server is Windows 7 and client is Mac 10.11.6.

@Jonovich @EdHayes3 I am actually using an MK220 wireless mouse and keyboard myself. I haven't had any issues with it ever since. I didn't install any Logitech software to work with it. It would be best if you set your logging level to debug or debug1. It should provide you more detailed information when scrolling fails.

I like this debug option!

I don't see any debugs on the client either way with scrolling. On the server, I do notice that the the scroll only works when it goes +/-60, not +/-30, so only when I scroll fast.  I have not gotten to the part where it stops scrolling all tougher. I see I have to go to debug2 to see the client scrolling commands received. I'll keep it debugging till I run out of disk space. LOL.

I'm using a MSFT mouse on the PC (server). No special software is installed for the mouse.  However, there's Dell touchpad software installed.

Paul Suarez
12 minutes ago, EdHayes3 said:

Dell touchpad software installed

That could be the culprit. Most touch pad software or drivers can set.

windows10mousescrollsettings.PNG.6dd2426e5da9500d93d1200b879d3032.PNG\

This is how it looks like on Windows 10 mouse settings.

Success - thanks guys - Removing the Logitech options software from the Synergy server/host looks to have fixed it for me! Time will tell. But removing Logitech options is a small price to pay for a scroll wheel that, well, scrolls ;)

Thanks again,

Jono

Paul Suarez
8 hours ago, Jonovich said:

Success - thanks guys - Removing the Logitech options software from the Synergy server/host looks to have fixed it for me! Time will tell. But removing Logitech options is a small price to pay for a scroll wheel that, well, scrolls ;)

Thanks again,

Jono

You're welcome @Jonovich. Thanks for the update too. ;)

On 6/16/2017 at 4:38 PM, Paul Suarez said:

That could be the culprit. Most touch pad software or drivers can set.

windows10mousescrollsettings.PNG.6dd2426e5da9500d93d1200b879d3032.PNG\

This is how it looks like on Windows 10 mouse settings.

I see the commands going from server to client in the log.  But the client is only scrolling when the scroll integer is 60, not when it's 30.

Paul Suarez
On 6/17/2017 at 5:23 AM, EdHayes3 said:

there's Dell touchpad software installed

Do you still have Dell's touchpad software on it? Have you tried to disable it and check if it still does the same thing?

6 minutes ago, Paul Suarez said:

Do you still have Dell's touchpad software on it? Have you tried to disable it and check if it still does the same thing?

Seems it only controls the touchpad.  I disabled "touch pad on/off", and no difference.  

If I click the mouse picture at the top of the dell software, it takes me to the windows standard mouse control panel. I dont see anything out of the ordinary there.  Scroll lines is set at 3.

No, server is 1080, client is 1200.  But it should matter the resolution scroll wise, if it's just lines that is scrolling.

• 5 years later...

I happen to have a MX Vertical Advanced Ergonomic Mouse from Logitech, using the software, under "Point &Scroll" there's an option to have a "Smooth Scrolling", I just disabled it and got scrolling to work properly.