Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy won't start on Mac OSX 10.8.5 and 10.7.X

Ivan Ordenes

HI

I just downloaded Synergy thinking it is going to be an awesome solution to my multiple Mac set up in my studio.  The copy and save feature between computers seems to be super practical.

Unfortunately, I cannot make use of any othe fantastic advertised features, because it won't launch on Mac OSX 10.8 or 10.7

Can someone please assist in solving this issue, considering that the download is marked as MAC OSX Universal.

Thanks

Paul Suarez

Hi @Ivan Ordenes

Synergy will run on any computer with the following operating systems.

• Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10
  • macOS 10.9.X and newer
  • Red Hat Linux REHL 6 and 7
  • Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and up
The word Universal represents all MacOSX supported versions (10.9 and up).

Hello, 

I just bought your product.

But I cannot get it start on MacOs X 10.7.5.
According to your post, it is not possible to start it on MacOs X 10.7.5.
Can you confirm it ?
If I can not used it on MacOs X 10.7.5 is it possible to have a refund.

Thank you.
Paul Suarez

Hi @alaudes. I have just confirmed from one of our developers that we do have a certain version that would work with that. We'll be able to set a download link for it tomorrow. Please bear with us.

Ivan Ordenes

HI Paul

Thanks for that link.  I have installed that version of Synergy on a machine running MacOSX 10.8.5 and it launches.  Now I'm off to test this onto the two machines that need to be linked.

Based on the MacOSX versions noted above (10.7 & 10.8) one of these machines is old enough not to have Wireless Network capabilities.

Is there a way I can network both computers via an ethernet cable between them and have Synergy work on both computers at its full capacity?

Look forward to this answer.

Thanks

Paul Suarez
15 hours ago, Ivan Ordenes said:

HI Paul

Thanks for that link.  I have installed that version of Synergy on a machine running MacOSX 10.8.5 and it launches.  Now I'm off to test this onto the two machines that need to be linked.

Based on the MacOSX versions noted above (10.7 & 10.8) one of these machines is old enough not to have Wireless Network capabilities.

Is there a way I can network both computers via an ethernet cable between them and have Synergy work on both computers at its full capacity?

Look forward to this answer.

Thanks

I think it would be better to have that Mac connect to a router that allows wired and wireless devices to be on the same network. If that would not be possible for you, you can try to check this link for steps on how connect two Macs using an Ethernet cable.

• 1 year later...