sholan

Debian 8.8 : product key asked on each startup

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am using synergy on a 2 PC (win8/debian 8.8) setup and each time I restart my linux station, I get the initial configuration wizard and all my settings are gone (including my product key).

Currently, I have synergy 1.8.7-stable-9799e96 installed and have been subject to this behaviour since 1.7.x

Synergy have been installed using gdebi + .deb downloaded on website.
I startup synergy by using Alt + F2 and entering "synergy"

Please feel free to ask any question you'd need to understand the issue.

Best regards !

Edited by Jérémi Lassausaie
being more polite and more friendly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the same problem. Seems my system is really forcing the shutdown (Ubuntu 16.10 with Kernel 4.9) in a way that Synergy is not able to store its prefs. As a workaround I quit Synergy before shutting down the system and everything is fine on the next boot. Will test 1.9.0 now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, appendx said:

I had the same problem. Seems my system is really forcing the shutdown (Ubuntu 16.10 with Kernel 4.9) in a way that Synergy is not able to store its prefs. As a workaround I quit Synergy before shutting down the system and everything is fine on the next boot. Will test 1.9.0 now...

Thanks for bringing that up @appendx. Let us know how it goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Paul,

I tried 1.9.0rc3 in the combination of Ubuntu 16.10 (Kernel 4.9) and macOS Sierra 10.12.5 and could not get it running properly. Synergy would connect the two machines, but as soon as the cursor leaves the server-screen and enters the client screen the cursor gets stuck. Depending on the speed with which I enter the client screen the cursor gets stuck within the first 10 pixels (slow movement) to about 100 pixels (fast movement) from the edge. When moving back into the server screen, the cursor behaves normally again within the server screen.

I tried all sorts of combinations of options (autoconfig, clipboard sharing, Wifi vs LAN etc), but the behaviour remained unchanged. I also switched server/client roles with the same result. The behaviour is very similar to this report...

...alas, my configuration is all different, though.

Went back to 1.8.8 stable and everything is fine again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @appendx. Thanks for the additional information. I'll post that on the forums thread for v1.9.0rc3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now