Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Sync'd screen saver

Steven Shead
Hi there, Since the last update my screen savers no longer sync. I made sure the check box next to "Synchronize screen savers" is checked, and stopped and started a couple of times but it's not working. Any clue how to fault find this? I'm running two Mac's with OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 with Synergy 1.7.2. thanks Steve
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 15 May 2015 at 5:58 PM, Steven Shead said:

Hi there, Since the last update my screen savers no longer sync. I made sure the check box next to "Synchronize screen savers" is checked, and stopped and started a couple of times but it's not working. Any clue how to fault find this? I'm running two Mac's with OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 with Synergy 1.7.2. thanks Steve

Hi, I have the same troubles; its not possible to bring screen saver feature to work. I have 10.9.5 and 10.11.6 which both run Synergy 1.8.8 (stable) release. Tried stopping server, deselect "Synchronize screen savers" checkbox, start, stop, select "Synchronize screen savers" checkbox, start again, but still not working.

What am I doing wrong ??

Thanks for any help

- Andi

• 2 months later...
CoffeeGuy251

I'm having this problem on one of my two client machines. All three machines are Macs, the server and the problem client are both running High Sierra (macOS 10.13.0), and the other client, on which the screen saver syncing works, is running Sierra (macOS 10.12.6) (I can't upgrade this machine yet because it is hosting a particular mission critical client/server application which hasn't yet been updated for compatibility with High Sierra). All three machines are running Synergy 1.8.8-stable-c30301e. Both client machines used to work properly with the synced screen saver option.

I have paid for the Synergy 2.0 beta and installed beta 4 on all three. When I stopped Synergy 1 and started using Synergy 2 is when the issue began on the client running High Sierra. I ran with Synergy 2 for about a day, and just switched back this morning because neither of the clients would connect when I got to the office (my Synergy server is a MacBook Pro which I take home every night; the two clients are Mac minis which stay on my service benches).

I have tried removing all Synergy-related settings and preferences files from ~/Library/Preferences and reconfiguring Synergy 1.8.8 from scratch on all three machines. All other communication seems to be working correctly between the three machines, but the screen saver syncing between the High Sierra server and the High Sierra client still fails. Screen saver syncing between the High Sierra server and the Sierra client continues to work as it did before.

I would like to know how to fix this, or if this is possibly an issue with Synergy 1.8.8 on High Sierra and a forthcoming update to Synergy would resolve this issue.