Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Dual Monitor Setup

I've got two systems both with dual monitors that sit side by side it looks like this and I'm trying to get the top monitors to link and the bottom monitors to link.  The setup I'm going for is below:

|----------||----------|
|          ||          |
|  Client |<=>|  Server|
| Monitor2 || Monitor2 |
|----------||----------|
|----------||----------|
|          ||          |
|  Client |<=>| Server |
| Monitor1 || Monitor1 |
|----------||----------|

Currently I can go from both client monitors to server monitor 1, but cannot go from Server Monitor 2 to either client monitors.  I've seen similar questions like this asked, but no working answers.  This is really surprising since this has to be a super common set up.  I tried a modified form of this suggestion https://github.com/symless/synergy/issues/4335 from the git hub but it did not work.

Hi Paul, that pretty much broke everything and it doesn't work at all now. When I try to run the server from my macbook the client on my Windows 7 machine doesn't even attempt to connect to the server, it just stays stuck at "Synergy Starting".  Nothing has changed on the network side and I can make a tcp connection to port 24800, but its just like the client doesn't even attempt to connect to the server.

I tried switching the server to Windows Laptop instead and its just refusing connections from my Macbook.  When I telnet to the windows machine from my macbook I get the response  "nodename nor servname provided, or not known".  I don't see any logs at this point on the windows side and the logs on the macbook side just say "connection refused".

Lastly, when I'm running the server on the MacBook, it eventually starts throwing these errors constantly "WARNING: unknown quartz event type: 0x1d" and will continue to do so non-stop until I shut the binary down.  This doesn't seem like a very stable RC and isn't really functional.

FYI - reverting back to 1.8.8 got everything working again, but still have the original issue with 2 dual monitor setups